Holland | Layoffs

No one laid on Toledo, bottom roaddriver having a hard time getting his tours, 4 hour guys only Mon and Fri. CC sheet posted for tues, wed, and thurs of next week but they are saying the inbound is down, still handling almost 700 bills of outbound a night..

:smiliewhs: they're still pushing peeps thru orientationand it appears depending where you call home there are "layoffs" and diversions while other dom move their people .. fishy

They laid off roughly 9 line haul, 4 in Joplin, and kc laid off 5 city[/QOTE]
Hey dokey what did we say about the new Joplin Tm hell he is ahead of schedule he learned well from his daddy Steve.......it will only get worse mark my words rip jop and kc holland

Whether it gets worse or not we don't know what the company's intentions are down the road. If they don't interline with reddaway out west and expand into the southwest(Arkansas, Dallas, Tulsa, Wichita) then what we have been having in freight levels is probably about the best we can get...

Ci is slow no lay offs but they were asking for volunteers to take off this week paid if you want or unpaid I am prepared for whatever is coming lay off or whatever hope it picks up soon though

Whether it gets worse or not we don't know what the company's intentions are down the road. If they don't interline with reddaway out west and expand into the southwest(Arkansas, Dallas, Tulsa, Wichita) then what we have been having in freight levels is probably about the best we can get...
. what would they expand with they can barely keep the trucks runing now just to cover what they have left and besides that, every body no s that the the earth is flat just past kc Holland truck would run offthe end and never come back ask Scott ware he no s that time has come and gone old buddy!

Another Monday not working wish theyd lay me off or something. gonna starve me out...2 day work weeks no benifits barely buy food and gas what the...... Lets keep hiring so i can have 6 day weekends what the heck.....

is it really this slow or?:

My thoughts on YRC and their direction:
Diminish the subsidaries to the point the banks agree to divest said same, do so, control more marketshare subs had and consolidate their "negotiating" power come any CBA talks

Just thoughts, not trying to scare

MAybe some of the terminals have more drivers than freight, could be a good reason for layoff in some terminals and hiring in others

TM told us today 90 city men were on lay off system wide. None in mem, but begging for cc's Tuesday thru Thursday.

Heard through the rumor mill they asked a hand full of men for cc on tuesday, let off more than they shouldve and called in 4 and 8 hr casuals,,