Yellow | Layoffs

ive been at 309 since 91. the first 10 yrs we didnt do this layoff bs .when you work o.t around the clock. it is not. cheaper to layoff .and they will use bid o.t and casuals its been that way since may. f em!

Can't use casuals with guys on layoff at my barn. Was tried once, tm got hit with a 72hr notice

Western States requires holidays be paid if laid off within 15 days of said holiday.

IF, opened for discussion, add this language to your supplement.

(Also, if steward is aware of intended layoff, advise layoff personnel to submit vacation within said window before layoff is posted.)

We have the 15 day window here as well.

So welch says in his statement that part of the cost problem is absentism and too much overtime.. And you guys are now laying off??
What a joke

as long as the guys on layoff either sign up. and are worked or dont sign up it is my understanding casuals and bid o.t will be used

So welch says in his statement that part of the cost problem is absentism and too much overtime.. And you guys are now laying off??
What a joke

Makes no sense....we're working 12 hours a day. Company cries about absent and shortages of drivers and o/t then lays off and you aren't allowed to take a day off no pay so people can work. Place is a freakin' joke being run by idiots. So I report for work Mon. and give them a '10 hour day request' and they flip out an tell me Im no team player because they put drivers on hard layoff and cant cover there picks and del's. Hate to say this, doesn't sound they can afford to be on the road ?? Can anyone make any sense of this. Layoff and kill the guys that are there.

At my terminal, they are not allowed to call in senior men for ot untill the layoff list is exhausted. Something is wrong with your order of call. Your union officials need to reexamine this process..........

What is your terminal number?

getting ready tostart my 4am shift.10 laidoff,30 posted for an extra day.saving money my ass

By working someone whose benefits are already paid for the week they are saving money. When someone is on O/T the NET cost is the 1/2 time wages and no benefits. YRCF would still have to pay the straight time regardless because someone is working. Those on layoff will still collect holiday pay though. But YRCF would have had to pay them either way, too.

The way they do layoffs is total BS. YRC has said we will only work you two days a week to cut your bennies. About half the senior guys see this as an all you can eat overtime buffet. Sixth and seventh punches called in before layoff guys. They know they're screwing junior men, most with small children that need full health coverage. It turns my stomach to come in and see all those bastards working all that overtime when guys can't even get three punches for insurance. Most of these "brothers" start calling for layoffs this time of year because the ot starts to go away and they can't pay for their lifestyle anymore. So slash a brothers throat so you can drive that fancy car. Pathetic!!!

309 Update:

There are over 30 dock man working today at 309 on a 6th or 7th day, didn't count the spotters (at least 10).......Let's do some math,

10 men on layoff save the company about $12K a week in salary, medical and the pension pittance.

40 -- 6th and 7th day (at least 3) guys cost over $11K (40x8x$21x1.5+ most these guys take 2 or 4 over their 8)

Now the layoff savings have been eaten up on Sunday, so how much have we saved????????????????

More important, Whose life has been disrupted????????????

dime you beat me to the post,100% agree to you.not to mention the hit productivity and. morale take.Albag iyou are one of the posters i respect most on here but we differ on this.plus you have the rest of the 10%ers (some who were off 4-5 years ) wondering am i next

Sorry.....205 BUF Many people on layoff take themselves "out of service" , If you are not out of service......you get in before anyone signed up for ot.

Buffalo also had a no hog board. A man could get a 6th punch before another man could get his 7th. Is it still like that?