Yellow | Layoffs ?

Slow ??? NOT come on over to Holland we can't Del. or make all the pick ups daily !! it's spinning out of control lately !! and running out of trap trailer's !!

Slow ??? NOT come on over to Holland we can't Del. or make all the pick ups daily !! it's spinning out of control lately !! and running out of trap trailer's !!
Maybe the diverted too much to you all.Remember when Yellow bought Roadway back in the day?Remember how the union said they were going to remain separate and monitor the company?lo and behold what we have today

Maybe the diverted too much to you all.Remember when Yellow bought Roadway back in the day?Remember how the union said they were going to remain separate and monitor the company?lo and behold what we have today
True , and are very quietly & slowly is moving more & more freight over to the regional companies !! makes you wonder what the big picture plan is ???

True , and are very quietly & slowly is moving more & more freight over to the regional companies !! makes you wonder what the big picture plan is ???

wahFkky.jpg

CRST Regional

If they have layoffs,
At EOL's,
1. No more use of Casuals
2. No more throwing seals on OB loads. We will work everything!
3. No more overtime. If they force then they gotta bring Members back
At Relays, Breakbulks,
1. Loads come off the rail and off the damn C.R.S.T. (Or anyone else's) trucks and back into the L/H System. (Remember almost everyone is Red Circled because of that!)
So, With the major shortage of Drivers in this Country do they really want to risk laying off anyone? Layoff from YRC today means someone else gains a driver tomorrow!
Something to think about!

Well after paying almost three quarters of a million dollars (haven't recd a check)You would think Randy Pacheco and gang would be more conservative on the use of PTS.Randy should be fired

[QUOTE="True , and are very quietly & slowly is moving more & more freight over to the regional companies !! makes you wonder what the big picture plan is ???[/QUOTE]

Before the last MOU we used to get PT dropping off long-haul freight about every other day. But that all stopped after the last MOU passed.

Now our Barn actually gives more freight to YRC then we get. Usually YRC trys to dump hand unloads or residential del on us. However the morning OPS Mgr just routes those back onto the YRC trap.

This our dilemma here concerning layoff, there is a pending layoff coming with the freight levels dropping. TM tries to rebid every couple of weeks to adjust to keep people working but is turning the work force sour.

Secondly we're short on manpower cause they can't get anyone to come work for us (even the good casuals left and went across the street to ABF, cause they wouldn't increase their hourly rate).

Thirdly management wants to cut down on OT but if your short handed, you have you work your guyz OT regardless. So you bring the city guys in 9:30 in the morning. Load them out its 11am out the gate, before it's 2pm they hit you for pick ups that close at 3:30 and 4pm. At or around 2:30 pm you gotta take your lunch its close to the 6th hour. You stop delivering freight after lunch to make your p/u's, but you still got freight to be delivered and you have no more pallet spaces. You request for back up and its the same old reply "you are all I got in that area". Now you leave freight on the customers dock for tomorrow if it is still there. Get back to the barn and bump the dock its 7pm.. Linehaul will be late cause they got a layoff so no casuals are working or we're short handed and they want you to work your own trailer for O/B.. 10th hour arrives you gotta go cause you gave them 2 hours OT and they complaining about cutting OT...

Finally come in next morning linehaul is late and the freight that didn't get delivered is pushed up in the nose and the I/B freight that came in last night is loaded behind it and the cycle begins again..

"Welcome to our reality at YRC" - you get what you pay for..... Don't worry I'll still show up for work cause I'm all you got:lmao:

This our dilemma here concerning layoff, there is a pending layoff coming with the freight levels dropping. TM tries to rebid every couple of weeks to adjust to keep people working but is turning the work force sour.

Secondly we're short on manpower cause they can't get anyone to come work for us (even the good casuals left and went across the street to ABF, cause they wouldn't increase their hourly rate).

Thirdly management wants to cut down on OT but if your short handed, you have you work your guyz OT regardless. So you bring the city guys in 9:30 in the morning. Load them out its 11am out the gate, before it's 2pm they hit you for pick ups that close at 3:30 and 4pm. At or around 2:30 pm you gotta take your lunch its close to the 6th hour. You stop delivering freight after lunch to make your p/u's, but you still got freight to be delivered and you have no more pallet spaces. You request for back up and its the same old reply "you are all I got in that area". Now you leave freight on the customers dock for tomorrow if it is still there. Get back to the barn and bump the dock its 7pm.. Linehaul will be late cause they got a layoff so no casuals are working or we're short handed and they want you to work your own trailer for O/B.. 10th hour arrives you gotta go cause you gave them 2 hours OT and they complaining about cutting OT...

Finally come in next morning linehaul is late and the freight that didn't get delivered is pushed up in the nose and the I/B freight that came in last night is loaded behind it and the cycle begins again..

"Welcome to our reality at YRC" - you get what you pay for..... Don't worry I'll still show up for work cause I'm all you got:lmao:
Ya nailed it. And when YRC closes the doors, your post will be the answer. Why did they go under? What did Forest Gump say? 'Stupid is as stupid does.'

Ya nailed it. And when YRC closes the doors, your post will be the answer. Why did they go under? What did Forest Gump say? 'Stupid is as stupid does.'
Another thing that gets them while have a workforce with many years of vacation time.
Sick/Personal days off. I have not worked a Friday in two months only because of it.
So. When you have people that have five weeks vacation and other options. That creates a manpower problem. It's their problem though. No mine. Or yours.
We hardly ever have a full shift on outbound. Rare when we have a full shift.
Just the facts. I think . Ha.

To know how to improve and grow the operation is one thing and another to run it with reckless abandonment. I would love to work 8 hours a day, but that is not happening. Bottom line people, is the situation this company waste more time and energy complaining about how things are instead of putting the time and energy to improving things..

I am for progress and improvement and you will have my undivided attention and support for it. When you try to insult my intelligence with your arrogant ignorance (management), you kill my motivation and I shut down (cause I can't add value to this company).

There is alot of potential here at YRC as we are searching for solutions....To which direction they choose is the question that confronts us. Gotta go now and move some freight.....:shift:

You expressed what I couldn't perfectly! This is where I am.
"When you try to insult my intelligence with your arrogant ignorance (management), you kill my motivation and I shut down (cause I can't add value to this company)"