Yellow | LCP "A hard rain's a gonna fall"

STLDock and VWaggs,
Thanks guys. I'm doing better even though my Dr. has held me out of work for another week. This is the 2nd damn time for pneumonia in 2 months or so. I think it's time to finally quit smoking.

I told you not to drink the water in San Antonio!!....KK....
:hysterical:

Okay here is the latest "Rumor" that I heard. LCP will be a ghost town. When Kansas City feels that the time is right, they will execute "Order 66". That is 22 daylight bids, 22 second shift bids, and 22 midnight bids. No Sunday operation! Jeez what are all the greedy six punchers gonna do? No Sunday work? Also anyone who is already on or will be condemened to any kind of "Supplemental" Board whether it be Dock, Jockey, Road, or City, I highly advise all those to get the necessary paperwork and seek FMLA. It is the only way to survive. Ie: Dock X Board, work 0001-1200(4 hrs OT) and still get "set back" 9 hrs later at 2100. Any Doctor will tell you that the human body needs atleast 8HRS of sleep in order to be healthy and maintain homeostasis. So why burn yourself out for them when we will all be out of jobs in a month or so? Also I encourage fellow Brothers who are on an X-tra Board and of the Roman Catholic Faith, if worship is only on Saturday evening and Sunday morning but you can't make services because of having to be "Available", I encourage you to go to your services and when you are terminated for violation of the LCP attendance policy, do not hesitate to contact your lawyer and explain how Yellow infringed on your 1st ammendment right. I would also like to add how General President Hoffa screwed us all on this contract. It would'nt surprise me in the least bit if he ends up like his father.(After all his father had Bobby Kennedy knocked off.) What goes around, comes around. :maddance3: Let us not forget that it was President Bill Clinton whom enacted the FMLA act of 1993. So let us all give Hillary a vote. HillaryClinton.com - Welcome

Yeah, right.

No one at YRC is infringing on your Constitutional right to worship as you please. You are free to go to the church of your choice at any time, for as long as you like.

However, you have NO Constitutional right to a paycheck, nor does YRC have a Constitutional obligation to provide you a living.

I know who...........

Sandman, I know who you are. You are so full of bull****. The only truth is we did have one he** of a rain storm here in lcp last evening. Keep your thoughts to yourself or maybe you'll pi** your pants again.:butt kiss:

Sandman,
I'm out with pneumonia and haven't been making any calls until today. I should find out this afternoon, I hope.

Hey dude, I'm sorry to hear about your condition. Glad to hear things are getting better. I gave up those damned things seven years ago after smoking for 40 years. I recommend it, but I know it is way easier said than done.

Hey dude, I'm sorry to hear about your condition. Glad to hear things are getting better. I gave up those damned things seven years ago after smoking for 40 years. I recommend it, but I know it is way easier said than done.
Thanks Larry. It'll be fine but I do really have to consider quitting them....kind of a weird thought.....I've smoked as long as I can remember.

Thanks Larry. It'll be fine but I do really have to consider quitting them....kind of a weird thought.....I've smoked as long as I can remember.

I have heard that after 7 years of quiting smoking your body heals to the point where it is like you never smoked at all. Also, most people fail several times before beating it...! You can do it.... :1036316054:

cigarette.jpg

:beerchug:Hey Dude ,I smoked for 30 years and I went to Marion Illinois and had a laser treatment two years ago and have not smoked since.I even bummed one from our vender mechanic in pdu last year and I choked on the first drag just like the first time 30 years ago. This time I did'nt try it again. Good luck,and if you need the name of the place let me know. I feel better every day.

Stan and Racecat,
First off...I appreciate the support...it won't be easy and I know I need to get started soon. I never have heard of a laser treatment...I think I'll Google it and see what it's all about. Thanks again.

I quit smoking about thirty years ago. Every now and then I'll smell cigarette smoke and think, man that smells good. If you have have never smoked, you just don't know how addictive nicotine is.

I quit smoking about thirty years ago. Every now and then I'll smell cigarette smoke and think, man that smells good. If you have have never smoked, you just don't know how addictive nicotine is.
AMEN BROTHER! You could put smokestack's avatar on a pack, and I'd still smoke them...

On the other hand, my wife still smokes, and when I smell it on her, it sickens me. However, if I could do whatever I wanted, I would grab a pack of cigs and a six-pack and go off and be in absolute heaven. But I'm pre-diabetic and I can't do any of that. Oh well!

Those are called power urges according to the inside instructions to the patch. Usually, they come on very quickly and powerful out of no where. However, they do pass fairly quickly as well too. Those are the times where people normally fail in quiting smoking and have just one. Finally, most people fail several times before successfully quiting all together. In closing, I would recommend using the patch in the beginning stages of quiting, because it stills gives your body the nicotine and allows you to focus on overcoming the physical habits that come along with smoking. There is a couple stages to the patch, but you may feel able to quit the patch before completing all of the stages. At the end of the day there is several ways to quit and having the will is the most important thing in all of them and it will be challenged...!

nicoderm.gif