Yellow | LCP losing 70 doors to Roadway June 1st

S

Stan Smith

The TM is giving the word in pre-shift meetings that one June 1st Roadway will take over 70 doors at LCP and send 59 guys in a change too. In addition, one person asked how many people would be able to stay at LCP and the answer was 20 - 30 approximately. Apparently the word got out and was spreading like wild fire. At that time, the TM decided to share this information at the start of each shift. Finally, that is all I know of at this time and am sure there will be more information that comes forward within time.... :bye1:

Don't be a Pinkerton!​

We_never_sleep.jpg

[list type=decimal]
[*]Pinkerton National Detective Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[*]Labor spies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[/LIST]

How many doors are there now? How many people/doors are at Roadway? Is theirs a leased terminal. or owned? Are they a break-bulk, facing changes as well?

How many guys are at Yellow/LCP now? Are you talking one board, or road going, or city going too?

Are you a break-bulk now? Where will those jobs go? Will the UEs take that work? What's the latest on the road moving to Carlisle? It would be tough, but do-able to commute to Carlise if you have to....At least it's not like moving out of State....Better buy an easy-gasusing car-- maybe a motorcycle!

The last change tried to trim you back to not much, and it was defeated. Is there hope this time?

A lot of questions. Best of Luck and a lot of prayers as we move forward.

Rumors kill everything. They helped kill Preston. They were on their way to killing O-Nite when UPS stepped in. The latest ones about Holland, Yellow, and Roadway aren't helping us. Glad your TM at least stood up and let you know....

lcp only has one board. How many doors do you need now? It is a break now but much work has been diverted over last 9 years. lcp gained when i moved to indy, I would have been number 450 of 650 and 2 above me were on layoff then.

The TM is giving the word in pre-shift meetings that one June 1st Roadway will take over 70 doors at LCP and send 59 guys in a change too. In addition, one person asked how many people would be able to stay at LCP and the answer was 20 - 30 approximately. Apparently the word got out and was spreading like wild fire. At that time, the TM decided to share this information at the start of each shift. Finally, that is all I know of at this time and am sure there will be more information that comes forward within time....

Now this morning he told us 65 doors will be for Roadway, and will be fenced off for them. We asked about us moving to Carlisle, and he said as of now they know nothing. That was at the 7:30 shift in the city.

We asked about us moving to Carlisle, and he said as of now they know nothing. That was at the 7:30 shift in the city.

I believe the only reason that they decided to start telling the people this much is due to 771 giving the guys a heads up on this one 2 days ago. As a result, I think this was nothing more then damage control for them and an attempt to contain all of the negative energy in the air. Overall, little by little we will continue to hear more I guess.... :shrug:

:sheep:YouTube - Eminem - THE REAL SLIM SHADY:sheep:

Don't be a Pinkerton!

We_never_sleep.jpg

[list type=decimal]
[/LIST]

I believe the only reason that they decided to start telling the people this much is due to 771 giving the guys a heads up on this one 2 days ago. As a result, I think this was nothing more then damage control for them and an attempt to contain all of the negative energy in the air. Overall, little by little we will continue to hear more I guess.... :shrug:

:sheep:YouTube - Eminem - THE REAL SLIM SHADY:sheep:

Don't be a Pinkerton!

We_never_sleep.jpg

[list type=decimal]
[/LIST]

Well at least you guys are finally hearing some of this stuff from the horses mouth and it is not all speculation. Good luck and godspeed.

Well at least you guys are finally hearing some of this stuff from the horses mouth and it is not all speculation. Good luck and godspeed.

We are and I really believe the only reason is due to the word leaking out to the masses. Here's how the TM Ed M. said it all played out...
[list type=decimal]
[*]Roadway Labor Relations contacted Local 771
[*]Local 771 contacted LCP TM
[*]LCP TM tells the people, but know no more then what Local 771 told him.... unfortunately.
[/LIST]

Once again, I believe he was just trying to do damage control and save face in the meetings he held. Finally, he only reiterated what the Local told the workers and nothing more. In closing, I do not blame him, because he has people above him and was in the position where he more than likely feared his numbers dropping from it all. Hang ten... :wavey:

:BS:[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_eCIjr1Mb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_eCIjr1Mb0[/URL]:BS:

We are and I really believe the only reason is due to the word leaking out to the masses. Here's how the TM Ed M. said it all played out...
[list type=decimal]
[*]Roadway Labor Relations contacted Local 771
[*]Local 771 contacted LCP TM
[*]LCP TM tells the people, but know no more then what Local 771 told him.... unfortunately.
[/LIST]

Once again, I believe he was just trying to do damage control and save face in the meetings he held. Finally, he only reiterated what the Local told the workers and nothing more. In closing, I do not blame him, because he has people above him and was in the position where he more than likely feared his numbers dropping from it all. Hang ten... :wavey:

:BS:[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_eCIjr1Mb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_eCIjr1Mb0[/URL]:BS:

What's kind of funny to me is how, even at the highest levels, some people can't keep their yaps shut. But then , like with the government, maybe they intended to let the cat out of the bag.

:smilie_132:Stan Smith, I see that your barn is loosing 70 doors, our barn is loosing 18 doors about one third of our dock to Roadway on April 19th. How long do you think it will be before Yellow combines the two brands into one company? Or in your opinion what do you think Yellow's ultimate goal is for the two companies? On 03/21/08 Our TM went to KC ( Big Meeting) to get educated on the new Utility Driver. Unless we go to a 24 hour operation we will not be able to handle the freight voulume we have in the past that's for sure.:hide:

You are the first thing I thought of when I saw that.:hysterical: I guess I need an avatar, but I don't know what it would be. From some of the posts I get, maybe a shriveled up old man.
Hey Larry with the net all things are posible....old man would've worked for me but I liked the canine. Instead of old timer why not a pic of Rambo or Arnold and the caption "I'll be Back" :biglaugh: Sorry I got off track guys.