Yellow | LCP losing 70 doors to Roadway June 1st

How long do you think it will be before Yellow combines the two brands into one company? Or in your opinion what do you think Yellow's ultimate goal is for the two companies?

Its only a matter of time until the two become one. What their goal is for the two companies? Personally, I really have no idea, but I fear they are trying to kill off the union in the trucking industry and/or water them down to where they are irrelevant. That is all speculation though for me and I could be way off the mark too.... :shrug:

Its only a matter of time until the two become one. What their goal is for the two companies? Personally, I really have no idea, but I fear they are trying to kill off the union in the trucking industry and/or water them down to where they are irrelevant. That is all speculation though for me and I could be way off the mark too.... :shrug:
As someone once said "Your just being Paranoid"
:1036316054:

As some once said "Your just being Paranoid"
:1036316054:

That would not be the first time.... :biglaugh:

paranoid.gif

I agree with Stan in that the company would love to kill off the union. All companies would love to eliminate their unions. I really think Yellow bought these other companies in order to get big and stay viable. You know we are in this bigger is better climate. I really believe these smaller companies are going to have a real tough time competing with the giants as time goes by. When Yellow bought Roadway, I suspect it was pretty much a mutual agreement because they both realized that staying separate would be *******. Then they bought USF supposedly to gain a foothold in the regional markets. So then they go to the PSE, which didn't work, and now the UE. So then you wonder, why did they buy a regional if they are turning the nationals into regionals? Who knows. I just think buying USF was another opportunity to grow and gain an even larger piece of the LTL pie while eliminating another competitor. Every since they bought Roadway, it has only seemed logical that the company would eventually morph into one. I just think they have to go about this process very cautiously, so as to not antagonize their customer base.

Holding Company!

:chairshot:I agree and think that's why YRC created the "holding company" so that they could piecemeal take apart each company a little bit at a time, without having to let employees "follow the work"! Look at what happened to USF Holland employees in Metter, GA, Little Rock, AR and elsewhere in the south! This is what they might do around the country to synergize/reorganize YRC! One day you'll walk into work and they'll tell you your barn "no longer services this area"! You'll be out on the street while your "YRC sister companies" will be out picking up the same accounts you used to! It's already started...it's only time before it spreads across the country!

:chairshot:I agree and think that's why YRC created the "holding company" so that they could piecemeal take apart each company a little bit at a time, without having to let employees "follow the work"! Look at what happened to USF Holland employees in Metter, GA, Little Rock, AR and elsewhere in the south! This is what they might do around the country to synergize/reorganize YRC! One day you'll walk into work and they'll tell you your barn "no longer services this area"! You'll be out on the street while your "YRC sister companies" will be out picking up the same accounts you used to! It's already started...it's only time before it spreads across the country!

My son and I have this argument all the time, and he takes your side. But he is still working while I can sit by and make judgments that don't affect me, since I am retired. But here is my dilemma. There is x amount of freight to move, which requires x amount of employees. Just because they merge, why wouldn't it still take just as many people to do the same amount of work? He doesn't think I am being realistic. Maybe not, but I hope I am right for all your sakes.

My son and I have this argument all the time, and he takes your side. But he is still working while I can sit by and make judgments that don't affect me, since I am retired. But here is my dilemma. There is x amount of freight to move, which requires x amount of employees. Just because they merge, why wouldn't it still take just as many people to do the same amount of work? He doesn't think I am being realistic. Maybe not, but I hope I am right for all your sakes.

You too both are right, some work would be reduced. One truck going to the customer and getting two skids instead of two trucks getting one each, but wal-mart gets full loads from both so they need the same number of drivers there as now.
This fall it will be 5 years they have been left separate, longer than I thought. They are profitable that way. combining them would lose some business, and so far they don't want that.

personaly i dont think there smart enough to get those 2 skids on one truck..we cant do that now..sending in 2-3-4 drivers into the same place.i dont know how many times i have had to wait for a usf driver to get out of the dock so i can get in,to me it makes us look like a bunch if idots..but fxfe did the same thing...

personaly i dont think there smart enough to get those 2 skids on one truck..we cant do that now..sending in 2-3-4 drivers into the same place.i dont know how many times i have had to wait for a usf driver to get out of the dock so i can get in,to me it makes us look like a bunch if idots..but fxfe did the same thing...

More often I have room for one and am sent to pick up 5. Yep we look stupid.

You too both are right, some work would be reduced. One truck going to the customer and getting two skids instead of two trucks getting one each, but wal-mart gets full loads from both so they need the same number of drivers there as now.
This fall it will be 5 years they have been left separate, longer than I thought. They are profitable that way. combining them would lose some business, and so far they don't want that.

Some of the larger Customers will not put all of their freight on one carrier either.

Exactly, and they may not for five more years for that very reason.