Central Transport | Leave any time you wish

Superman

TB Lurker
Credits
Why is it people Bit$h and complain about how bad they have it and how they are not treated right and even get mad to the point that they tear up company equipment and then want it fixed! There is no contract you signed; you can leave any time you wish. Don’t pain yourself of working at a job you hate. It’s simple, find another job and quit!

dont agree the misuse of equipment, but just cant quit, would love to, but who else is hiring other than road jobs? dont know about you but i kinda like being home everynight!!!!! i dont think we get paid for nearly what we do! my biggest complaint is that when the merger with pjax not all was equal!!! at my barn myself (vitran driver) and another guy (pjax driver) were hired on the same day and year, he is making $1.00 on the hour more than i. explain that one to me!? same anniversary date but making a dollar less than he!

i dont think we get paid for nearly what we do! my biggest complaint is that when the merger with pjax not all was equal!!! at my barn myself (vitran driver) and another guy (pjax driver) were hired on the same day and year, he is making $1.00 on the hour more than i. explain that one to me!? same anniversary date but making a dollar less than he!

Let me try to explain it the way I see, now keep in mind that I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE COMPANY! just my two cents, if you want the offical word on this call D.G.Every region is paid according to demographics; example the cost of living in Dallas is not the same as the cost of living in Los Angles therefore the pay is different. East and west coast have the highest cost of living thus the higher pay than someone in the Midwest. I know what you are saying, but this is the way it is for most companies. If a company had a set pay scale for every department you’re heading for trouble, as with C.F. and Yellow Freight and other that are on the same pay scale. Now mind you that this is just my two cents and not to have rumors started….

Let me try to explain it the way I see, now keep in mind that I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE COMPANY! just my two cents, if you want the offical word on this call D.G.Every region is paid according to demographics; example the cost of living in Dallas is not the same as the cost of living in Los Angles therefore the pay is different. East and west coast have the highest cost of living thus the higher pay than someone in the Midwest. I know what you are saying, but this is the way it is for most companies. If a company had a set pay scale for every department you’re heading for trouble, as with C.F. and Yellow Freight and other that are on the same pay scale. Now mind you that this is just my two cents and not to have rumors started….

No the Teamsters have different pay scales in different regions. Whoever told you the don't was blowing smoke.

I say if you do not like the place please leave and allow a person to come in and make us a better company by not spreading negative attitude. If you say I am drunk with the company Kool aid, maybe I am but I do know there are far worse place that I can be. I love the fact that on Fridays all money that is due to me is in my account.

I say if you do not like the place please leave and allow a person to come in and make us a better company by not spreading negative attitude. If you say I am drunk with the company Kool aid, maybe I am but I do know there are far worse place that I can be. I love the fact that on Fridays all money that is due to me is in my account.

My thoughts also, And let me add this...When my family and I are at the table for dinner in the evenings, Im thankful...When my son is sitting in his class room taking his guitar lessons, Im thankful....When I come to work, Im thankful because I know 11 million other people dont have jobs just in the U.S. alone...

i understand what your saying about dif. regions but we work out of the same barn and he (pjax driver) is making a dollar more on the hour than i, and we have the same anniversary date!!! thats what i don't get!!!! thats what pisses me off knowing that we hired in on the same day and i'm making less than he!

I agree with Jimmy on this one. You would think that after all this time that the wages and personal days would be the same...I am certain that everyone is aware of this and corrections will be made

i understand what your saying about dif. regions but we work out of the same barn and he (pjax driver) is making a dollar more on the hour than i, and we have the same anniversary date!!! thats what i don't get!!!! thats what pisses me off knowing that we hired in on the same day and i'm making less than he!

Now I understand, and you should be... Bring this question to your SCM or call Doug, and let me know what they say.

I think before the merger Pjax starting hourly pay was higher than Vitrans and also at vitran you have to wait for years before you hit top rate. I dont know how long it takes to hit top pay at Pjax, my guess is probably shorter than 4 years.

I think before the merger Pjax starting hourly pay was higher than Vitrans and also at vitran you have to wait for years before you hit top rate. I dont know how long it takes to hit top pay at Pjax, my guess is probably shorter than 4 years.

nah, its not shorter . it takes forever to get to top rate . you would have to be einstein to figure out exacly how long it takes to get to top rate at pjax. im at 5 years now and aint up there :TR10driving03:

nah, its not shorter . it takes forever to get to top rate . you would have to be einstein to figure out exacly how long it takes to get to top rate at pjax. im at 5 years now and aint up there :TR10driving03:

i was the ten yrs and never made it to the top,i was 19.25 when i left

Why is it people Bit$h and complain about how bad they have it and how they are not treated right and even get mad to the point that they tear up company equipment and then want it fixed! There is no contract you signed; you can leave any time you wish. Don’t pain yourself of working at a job you hate. It’s simple, find another job and quit!

Bobo
Welcome to the boards!!!
Hey ALL of US need to realize what we agree to in bad times we will have to live with in good times. We all know of the turmoil in the LTL industry right now. There will be changes. I was Vitran in Lex for about a year. Chose to go in another direction.
I will tell you this a Reasonable contract will benefit the company AND the Members.
The conditions of employment in our industry will change when everyone starts concentrating on "WE" not "ME"
Be Safe
Take Care

Bobo
Welcome to the boards!!!
Hey ALL of US need to realize what we agree to in bad times we will have to live with in good times. We all know of the turmoil in the LTL industry right now. There will be changes. I was Vitran in Lex for about a year. Chose to go in another direction.
I will tell you this a Reasonable contract will benefit the company AND the Members.
The conditions of employment in our industry will change when everyone starts concentrating on "WE" not "ME"
Be Safe
Take Care
I would go for a Reasonable contract between the company and employee... I have hired many drivers that start out all gun ho, only just to slack off after their 90 days are done. Its all so ture "Your as strong as your weakest link". Now I have to issue Non performance notice and build a case to let someone go....I would like to replace someone,after 90 with just a few warnings... I agree on concentrating on "WE" not "ME"! All should be team players and help each other...

top pay for a vitran driver( that lives in wisconsin tear 2 ) that starter out 5yrs ago is 19.52 it is like .75cents more if started when quast and overland mergerd.

dont agree the misuse of equipment, but just cant quit, would love to, but who else is hiring other than road jobs? dont know about you but i kinda like being home everynight!!!!! i dont think we get paid for nearly what we do! my biggest complaint is that when the merger with pjax not all was equal!!! at my barn myself (vitran driver) and another guy (pjax driver) were hired on the same day and year, he is making $1.00 on the hour more than i. explain that one to me!? same anniversary date but making a dollar less than he!
Well welocme to the Chris truck side of the world!!! Now you know how we feel!!!!

11 memphis drivers said they dont like it and jumped ship this week !

11 memphis drivers said they dont like it and jumped ship this week !

YOU LIE~!!

I just got off the phone with the Service Center Manager in Memphis and YOU are a liar. I believe you to be a union organizer and have forwarded my complaint to the board moderator. Anyone can do a quick check of your posts to see that every single post of your's is negative and disparaging. Further, I have forwarded all of your posts on this board to Dean K.

but the cost of living in memphis is more than dallas?