Yellow | Let’s get real

yellow8497

TB Lurker
Credits
If yellow was serious about saving the company the first thing they would Do is fire the people running the company.These guys couldn’t run an ice cream stand.That’s the first thing the union should Demand before anything is Discussed.These guys couldn’t save yellow if you gave them 10 billion Dollars there not smart enough.until the folks running yellow get replaced we’re just throwing money away period!!mybe they can ask some real freight people to come out of retirement to get us back on track.AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE MY BROTHERS.

If yellow was serious about saving the company the first thing they would Do is fire the people running the company.These guys couldn’t run an ice cream stand.That’s the first thing the union should Demand before anything is Discussed.These guys couldn’t save yellow if you gave them 10 billion Dollars there not smart enough.until the folks running yellow get replaced we’re just throwing money away period!!mybe they can ask some real freight people to come out of retirement to get us back on track.AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE MY BROTHERS.
AMEN to that! they didnt listen 18 years ago and had the balls to tell me i was goofey with any ideas to make things work better. just another dumb truck driver and who hired me ? YELLOW FREIGHT SYSTEM

The reality of the situation is that the current senior management isn't going ANYWHERE. So fasten your seatbelts Sisters and Brothers. We will expect SEVERE turbulence. :duh:

I am certain there are many of us on here who would be fully capable of operating as a CEO.
Some of our careers would be measured in days if not minutes, "politically correct" is not a path to success. HR would send a SWAT team for me by the second day....

I am certain there are many of us on here who would be fully capable of operating as a CEO.
Some of our careers would be measured in days if not minutes, "politically correct" is not a path to success. HR would send a SWAT team for me by the second day....
There is a Transportation Scientist in Scranton that could probably teach Darren a few things.

You are 1,000% correct.
That is largely the problem, no manager who may be worth anything will work in a union LTL Carrier. Unless the $$$$ is too good to turn down only sub par managers will put up with working in a union environment....

You are 1,000% correct.
That is largely the problem, no manager who may be worth anything will work in a union LTL Carrier. Unless the $$$$ is too good to turn down only sub par managers will put up with working in a union environment....
Unless they pay more all around and put rules as in moving freight rules. You will have managers walking up and down see who can he write up. I don't have long but I still let good old supervisor and managers that quit when they got a pay cut too. Dang I almost didn't want to go to there side of the dock cause they used to grab us casuals and make us work and use all proper equipment. That was probably last of the few that were left in our barn. They even would give letters for damaging freight on those who wanted to get lazy.

Stop for just a full minute and think about that. The management team inherited a billion dollars+ in debt from the Zollars regime. Without that debt service, Yellow is viable and profitable. Managers have kept the doors open for a company that has been technically bankrupt since 2008. Bankrupt meaning far more debt than assets. That is pretty good management.
Yellow provides jobs for 22,000 Teamsters. ABF and TForce combined employ only 15,000 Teamsters. Do the math. ABF and TForce cannot absorb all the Yellow employees. The IBT will not force Yellow into foreclosure and put them out of business. The IBT will do whatever they have to do and agree to any contract necessary to keep that $15 million a year in dues coming into the union treasury.