Yellow | Let's hear what the TDU has to say

Rifraf

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm always hearing about the TDU and reading their complaints against the IBT but now is their shot to make a believer out of me. I don't know anyone who is 100 percent happy about the way things are going. Now is the time to come out and take a stand. Put it in writing. Lay out a plan. Make the plan known. This is your opportunity to make believers out of a lot of people. I'm asking them to come out and make a recommendation with the information that they currently have. If the IBT gets it wrong, then they can be critical about what went wrong. On the other hand, if the IBT gets something right we should hear that out of them too. The ball is in your court TDU. Let's see what you can do.

I don't believe TDU is going to make a statement based on rumors... And right now everything is still rumor..

This just tells us about the meeting. What I'm asking the TDU to do is come out and make a recommendation as to what they believe we should do. What course should we take? What should we demand? What did the IBT do? Whether right or wrong, I'm asking them to come out and go on record with what they would do if they were in charge. It's easy to criticize from the cheap seats but leading is something that they have not done yet. This is their opportunity. Put up or shut up TDU!

I don't believe TDU is going to make a statement based on rumors... And right now everything is still rumor..
Are you saying that they don't have all the facts? Haven't they been critical of the IBT for not acting before they got all of the facts? Do they have any suggestions? What are their concerns? The reason that I'm asking is because I can't recall a time when they (the TDU) have come out and led the way on anything. They never concede that the IBT does anything right. They always criticize after the fact and I am looking for them to make a case for themselves. Lots of people are disappointed at Hoffa, let's see what another candidate would do. This is their chance.

While I don't agree with everything from TDU, I hope you are not trying to carry water for Jimmy Jr.?

Jimmy has disappointed me more than anything else. My point is that the TDU posts all kinds of crap about Jimmy but they don't offer any solutions. They do a lot better job of getting information out but that is because they aren't held accountable for anything. If the TDU wants to win hearts and minds of the general membership they need to show that they can contribute something other than being the two grumpy Muppets in the balcony. I want to see what they have to say now rather than looking back and complaining about what already happened. I want them to show some initiative and give Jimmy a run for his money. If they can do that now maybe they can defeat Jimmy in the next election or light a fire in the guy (provided we are still here to see it).

Teamsters Destroying Unions won't say anything until Hoffa does and then they will take the opposite stance. Its a balless organization of big mouthed tree huggers who have no clue as to how to run anything much less a union.

My experience has taught me that the TDU is only good for getting some information and keeping a thorn in the side of our current leaders (losers). Their ideas are warped beyond belief and their direction is umm well, directionless.

My experience has taught me that the TDU is only good for getting some information and keeping a thorn in the side of our current leaders (losers). Their ideas are warped beyond belief and their direction is umm well, directionless.

Well said ABFer.