FedEx Freight | Life after FedEx?

I've been trying to check into one for some time now but they all deny my request. They often utter something about not having enough money to sustain myself there 'til the end. :shrug:
I can give you the name of a couple of places if you don't mind sharing with the maid.

I will say this much about my new job. I'm a lot less stressed than when I was at FedEx. No border crossing. Truck to Vancouver, drop and hook, head home to Toronto. Then I'm home for almost 3 days.

And unlike FedEx, where contractors weren't allowed to do anything, I learned on my last trip that Day & Ross allows theirs to use the yard horse if the operator isn't available. Nothing like training yourself to use a yard horse with nobody around to ask! Handy for dealing with vans that've been high dropped and loaded with 44,000lbs.

Does he have that big Cat in it? Very sweet.

Actually, it's got a big Detroit. A 430 Detroit punched out to 550. 1800 ft# torque., Super 10, 390 rear end. :smilie93c peelout:

Said to pull "fancy gap" with a fully loaded tanker, in high gear, but on the "low" side. Also, "high gear" said to only be usable, above 65.

Last edited:
Actually, it's got a big Detroit. A 430 Detroit punched out to 550. 1800 ft# torque., Super 10, 390 rear end. :smilie93c peelout:

Said to pull "fancy gap" with a fully loaded tanker, in high gear, but on the "low" side. Also, "high gear" said to only be usable, above 65.
That's my kind of rig! I'm sure some will disagree, but I love Detroits. The Series 60 was and is one of the greatest diesel engines ever made.