FedEx Freight | Line Driver

Good Luck, I myself had been thinking about going over to Line/road again. My problem is staying awake, putting back on a lot of weight, my relationship with my girlfriend of 7yrs. Not getting the proper, under disturbed sleep, and maybe having to work the dock in-between.

Back east where I am from and started my career as a truck driver, we called them line drivers too. Out west, I guess they call them road drivers, why? we are both on the road, or does a city driver drive on the street?

When I was at OD we called it Line haul, and therefore line haul drivers. My definition of a road driver would be one who has a sleeper truck, and runs the gamut of the lower 48.

When I was at OD we called it Line haul, and therefore line haul drivers. My definition of a road driver would be one who has a sleeper truck, and runs the gamut of the lower 48.

There are a few freight companies still running sleepers. If you have to live in that truck for weeks at a time running the lower 48 there are plenty of button feeders who can satisfy your needs. I like being a division line haul driver. 11 hours in the truck, then head for the hotel. TP

RC.......this next winter you need to hang a GoPro camera from your left mirror bracket aimed backwards,
so we can watch you hanging chains in your purple thongs. :woot2:

Make sure to ask the shop to install those Canadian flood lights on the side of your truck looking back,
so your camera can find you in the dark.

Truck LED Work Lights | Truck n Tow .com

:shift:

Hey ST!

You are driving day runs, aren't you, Mr. 30 year road driver?

That's the best you've got? you evidently don't understand the business. You know I work in an end of line facility, and thus have no chance of a day run. Yet you post this? No wonder you're so unhappy, working in an industry you don't even begin to understand, as evidenced by your hatred of Viking, then FedEx. Those who are ignorant hate everything they don't understand.

ST