R&L | Line Haul Rates

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
Ok. If anyone really needs to know here are 3 different situations in the DFW area. Dallas to Gurden Arkansas 53 cpm for guys topped out. That's running interstate 30 if you have to go Interstate 20 because you're hauling Hazmat add 40miles with no extra pay. A new guy with 3 months is getting 48 cpm for the same run. A buddy of mine running Sanger to San Antonio is getting 56 cpm 640miles with the company 17 years. These are indisputable facts. Team system drivers make substantially more if you want to live in the truck. I'm talking about line haul. Out and back each night. Wherever that use to be R&L driver got his line haul rates who knows and really I don't give a &hit. I just decided to ask over the last couple weeks with the guys who work here and are doing it. I love R&L but goodness those trip rates are really lacking. It's no wonder we are always hiring.

Last edited:
Ok. If anyone really needs to know here are 3 different situations in the DFW area. Dallas to Gurden Arkansas 53 cpm for guys topped out. That's running interstate 30 if you have to go Interstate 20 because you're hauling Hazmat add 40miles with no extra pay. A new guy with 3 months is getting 48 cpm for the same run. A buddy of mine running Sanger to San Antonio is getting 56 cpm 640miles with the company 17 years. These are indisputable facts. Team system drivers make substantially more if you want to live in the truck. I'm talking about line haul. Out and back each night. Wherever that use to be R&L driver got his line haul rates who knows and really I don't give a &hit. I just decided to ask over the last couple weeks with the guys who work here and are doing it. I love R&L but goodness those trip rates are really lacking. It's no wonder we are always hiring.
R&L was having a similar situation in my area except on the city side. Local scm was replaced and new one has told higher ups that the pay level has to be increased if they want him to keep what he’s got. They gave him the raises for drivers and now they have more drivers than ever before

Got them from my paystub.

After this years raise figured in...my LH run will be at .57 per mile.
No matter what the formula is, it comes down to this number and it is
low. Should we get what OD and FXF get?....I dont think so but, they do like
$60 more per day on the same run. Wish we could get that knocked down to about
$40 and I think we would see our hiring rate on LH slow down a bit.

Ok check this out. Our Dallas to Big Cabin Turn pays 325. UPS Arlington to Big Cabin pays 520. That is huge. Arlington is about 10 miles further than our terminal. BTW our Big Cabin 325 is for guys who topped out. New guys get 5 cents per mile less

You’re right though. They are way behind on pay. Plus the free wait time and R&Ls ability to just change your time when they feel the need

Compared to all the other major LTL companies, R&L is the only one I know of that line haul drivers make less or maybe the same as p&d. Talked to one of our newer guys the other morning and he had waited 1.5 hours for his trailers to be closed. Another hour in the shop for trailer repairs, then he sat for two hours waiting on his meet driver. Four and a half hours at work for free! I don’t see how they do it.

Compared to all the other major LTL companies, R&L is the only one I know of that line haul drivers make less or maybe the same as p&d. Talked to one of our newer guys the other morning and he had waited 1.5 hours for his trailers to be closed. Another hour in the shop for trailer repairs, then he sat for two hours waiting on his meet driver. Four and a half hours at work for free! I don’t see how they do it.
They really need to switch the whole company to either hourly linehaul like California and I think Washington, or pay for all delay times at the prevailing hourly wage. It’s not 2005 anymore, most potential new hires won’t put up with that ::shit::.

They really need to switch the whole company to either hourly linehaul like California and I think Washington, or pay for all delay times at the prevailing hourly wage. It’s not 2005 anymore, most potential new hires won’t put up with that ****.
Exactly! About half of our line haul drivers have been here less than a year. Most jump over to p&d if they get a chance, the others just quit.

I'm a P&D driver for XPO in the Midwest. I had a customer talking to me wondering HOW is R&L SOOOO much cheaper than other LTL's running the same lanes. I told them it's partly lower pay for drivers and fewer terminals , this was my best guess anyway.

Hopefully , the demand for drivers will push the compensation up for everyone ( including you all )