XPO | Line Haul Start Times

So 120k a year without a college degree to essentially hold a steering wheel and drive a go kart isn't enough? I'm not saying this is a great job but you start talking to other people about what they make and then you get some perspective about how much 120k really is. Isn't the median income with a college degree in the US like just under 60k?

Trust me lots of stuff aggravates me about the company and compensation but complaining about 120k a year for me just doesn't make much sense.
Not all linehaul drivers make that money. depends on miles.

Just keep in mind most terminals have 80-90% turnover of new hires for a reason.
Since I was hired only 3 other guys that can from an outside company has stayed. The rest were either dockworks that went to driving school or transfers

More than likely you will be bent over a barrel by some snot nosed punk fresh out of college. I see it everyday, the new guys get screwed..plain and simple, but then again it is probably the same everywhere just depends how much of a crap sandwich you want to chew on.
Also don't forget about some chip on his shoulder driver reminding you that's he's number#1 on the LH board.....Yes we got one of those

So 120k a year without a college degree to essentially hold a steering wheel and drive a go kart isn't enough? I'm not saying this is a great job but you start talking to other people about what they make and then you get some perspective about how much 120k really is. Isn't the median income with a college degree in the US like just under 60k?

Trust me lots of stuff aggravates me about the company and compensation but complaining about 120k a year for me just doesn't make much sense.
What some forget is a 40hr check per week is still $64,480 per year. At my hr rate some higher some lower.

Looking at applying with XPO and was wondering what are usually the start time for a Line Haul Driver, IE (Mundelein, IL), I understand they work Dock, does that include before shift/Departure. Thank you for your time,
I going to say this....What ever the person doing the interview told you only believe about 5-10% of what they say. This goes for any trucking company not just XPO. You best opinion is to talk to the driver there some like me will tell you the truth. You will be the bottom bitch. You will be bent over and f'ed and when you think there no other way to f**k they will find one.....Now with this place like many others are Soooo hard up for drivers they are taking you to dinner first before f'ing you and hoping you will stay. You must set your limits from day one. The bottoms guys at my place have told the TM to pound sand when it comes to weekend runs. They did it for a while, like 4 weekends in a row then they put there foot down and said nope we aren't doing it. Write me up, do you want to use my pen or yours. We have so many retirees lining up at the door we can't afford to lose anyone, that don't count the one that quit. Just like alot of places.
Now I am at a end of the line barn. I bidded the short runs my days of sitting for hours are over with. My longest night driving without a via is under 4hrs, less then 2hrs each way. Most night I have atleast 3 guys under me and general work 3-4hrs on the dock if I don't get a via.
This job is what you make it. Every barn is different on they way they run. Some are nice places and others are hell on earth, as you can see from the reply on this thread. The one thing in truck that is always and I mean always consent is....It the same BS just a different name on the door.
If you think you did dumb sh1t in the military you haven't seen anything yet...

Being prior military with sometime under your belt. Hurry up and wait, plus long hours of bravo sierra, you will feel like you never left the service. Only thing, you will be lower than a private or a butter bar. Line haul is like running a thirty plus mile forced march, everyday

Last edited: