Pitt-Ohio | Line Haul

1FastCorvette

TB Lurker
Credits
Question.

Looking back or forward now. Would u recommend working for Pitt Ohio or Ward Trucking. Running Line Haul and why?

Looking for employment with either one but not sure which. Thinking possible New England Motor Freight.

I want to run Line Haul driving a Van Trailer. Tired of the wiggle wagons, those set of pups...

one good thing about pitt-ohio is that I c them with new tractors. mack pinnacle's. it seems by there job description that road men work the dock. if u just want to drive and not do dock work I would prefer new penn

Dock work is only required at freight consolidation terminals (FCT's). The load back to your home terminal may contain freight from various terminals and you will work the dock as the freight is arriving and your load is being built. How often this is required varies by terminal and seniority.

Dock work is only required at freight consolidation terminals (FCT's). The load back to your home terminal may contain freight from various terminals and you will work the dock as the freight is arriving and your load is being built. How often this is required varies by terminal and seniority.

I read some of the older threads on here and am definitely interested in Pitt Ohio. What is your home terminal? I'm thinking of applying to Pittsburgh's...the one in the Strip District. Got any specific info on that place? Seems like a good company.

I'm out of Washington, PA. Pittsburgh has put a few linehaul drivers on this year, in fact one just this past week. The company is fairly conservative when it comes to hiring, so they must be pretty busy.

The strip district terminal will be closing some time next year when it's 100 door replacement opens on Rt 910 in Harmarville. Something you want to consider depending on where you live.

I'm out of Washington, PA. Pittsburgh has put a few linehaul drivers on this year, in fact one just this past week. The company is fairly conservative when it comes to hiring, so they must be pretty busy.

The strip district terminal will be closing some time next year when it's 100 door replacement opens on Rt 910 in Harmarville. Something you want to consider depending on where you live.

Cool deal - I live in Oakmont. Thanks for the info.