SAIA | Linehaul Attendance and Trip Card Summary Screens

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
I was looking for a paystub on the part of the website for employees only.

Lo and behold! There are a couple of new screens for the linehaul drivers. I believe this has been in the test mode for awhile and is now on nationwide rollout test(beta).

Any road drivers care to comment? I looked at my stuff and was suprized to see what all I could find out!

Been on it for a week.Still tickedthat they charged me for the days they shut down linehaul.Believe me,I'm fighting that one.

on my screen all the links run together and over lap so if you click on something you don't know what you will open

damn! i'm looking at it now. i can see they have me set up on pups out of GVL, and i already have 1 pup loaded in CLT weighing 6600lbs. thanks for pointing this out.

Been on it for a week.Still tickedthat they charged me for the days they shut down linehaul.Believe me,I'm fighting that one.

Yeah, I've got questions about that as well. I'm currently under a doctor's care and had to take vacation time for the missed days. I was told I would get 1.5 points, but the rest would be covered.

Apparently, the computer doesn't know the attendance rules. Or there is a set of rules that apply that management doesn't want us to know about until the guillotine come crashing down.

Or there is a set of rules that apply that management doesn't want us to know about until the guillotine come crashing down.[/QUOTE]

There are many unwritten rules and a lot of them are made as management "sees" fit. If you are a star all will be good if not ????

Yeah, I've got questions about that as well. I'm currently under a doctor's care and had to take vacation time for the missed days. I was told I would get 1.5 points, but the rest would be covered.

Apparently, the computer doesn't know the attendance rules. Or there is a set of rules that apply that management doesn't want us to know about until the guillotine come crashing down.

I talked to HR yesterday and was told that once I present my doctor's note demonstrating I've been under his care the points being charged for those days off would be removed. All the points I would receive was for the initial reporting of illness day which would be one point.

I talked to HR yesterday and was told that once I present my doctor's note demonstrating I've been under his care the points being charged for those days off would be removed. All the points I would receive was for the initial reporting of illness day which would be one point.

So you are being beat down because you were sick? Does this sound a bit twisted to anyone else? You get a point for being sick, you have sick/personal days but you are charged a point for being sick. THIS IS SICK!

Found this feature about 3 weeks ago. Pretty cool, I think. It is especially helpful when you are a week behind on your logbook, since all of your depart and arrival times are right there at your disposal. Takes all the guesswork out of catching up.:hysterical::biglaugh:

i had a doctor's note and still got a point. oh well...i've only got 2, and they will both be coming off before the end of summer. i did find out that if you are feeling sick or an emergency comes up, when you call in just tell them you will probably be out the entire week. that way you only get one point for the entire time, versus calling in daily and accumulating points.

i had a doctor's note and still got a point. oh well...i've only got 2, and they will both be coming off before the end of summer. i did find out that if you are feeling sick or an emergency comes up, when you call in just tell them you will probably be out the entire week. that way you only get one point for the entire time, versus calling in daily and accumulating points.

You are correct in that it becomes a single incident instead of 5 separate days. I had 0 points until now, so it doesn't create any issues attendance wise. Now about that ER visit..........

soooooooooooo...how many points does it take to get yourself into some deep doodoo?

and do the points reset to 0 after a year?

I've heard about points but never had it explained to me by anyone.

As I understand the process, 0 points is best and with 12 points you are made available to the industry.

Each absence not prearranged is at least one point. Tardiness can result in partial points being assessed. Attendance infractions, i.e. no call no show, usually carry the heaviest assesment.

All this is kept on a rolling calendar, meaning 1 year from the date of the point being issued it comes off the record.

When a person gets to certain stages of points being issued they should receive at least a verbal warning informing of their status. I'm uncertain if it is every four points or exactly what.

I do know that if one is up to 8 points, he/she has some serious attendance issues and should make every effort to correct that.

I would like to emphasize that communication is the key to keeping the number of points down.

For example, I'm currently under doctor's care for an abcess that occurred during my last tour of duty. I communicated with management, and upon reporting to the proper individuals the assessment meter was stopped. This is very important since I am unavailable for at least seven consecutive days. If I had called in each day, my employment would have been placed in jeapordy as each day would have been treated as a separate incident.

Hope this info is found useful.

Found and tested the beta site a couple of weeks ago.It's not fully functional yet,as I tried to post an inquiry about some missing delay time.The response was that feature was not available.
I think when they finish the test and have debugged the program,that our tripcards will be a thing of the past.

i remember them trying to get rid of trip cards 2 - 2 1/2 years ago. i was a city driver, but there were a couple of linehaul trips i ran with out a trip card. surprisingly i got paid correctly for them as well. right before i jumped ship to l/h, they brought the cards back. i imagine it would save the company alot of money in card costs, dhl shipments, and possibly payroll.

It will be interesting to see how the automated payroll system works. A lot of the smaller terminals have their computers locked up when they are closed.

As a side note the newest sleepers have a tracking device installed. Supposedly, there is some communications ability in the equipment. It will be interesting to see if the newest daycabs come equipped with it from here on out. That could easily tie into the automated payroll system if the company geeks made it so.

This system has been in the beta mode for awhile now. Does anyone use it "live"?

I was wondering because we are having some difficulty with getting paid for the 5th trip of the pay period if we get in too late for the trip card to make it to corporate payroll dept. I'm hoping that this automated payroll system will in some way solve it.

What I'm wondering is if the system has replaced the trip cards in the areas or terminals where they are supposedly being tested. Also will the automated system give us all five days driving instead of four one week and five another or a trip card mysteriously overlooked and then showing up later?