Yellow | Linehaul manger fired

Gateway

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems kind of odd. Ron D the line haul manager at 309 was unceremoniously removed on thursday afternoon and there has been not one mention of it here. Anyone have a guess as to why he was fired?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems kind of odd. Ron D the line haul manager at 309 was unceremoniously removed on thursday afternoon and there has been not one mention of it here. Anyone have a guess as to why he was fired?

Probably being let go for being too driver friendly and treating people fairly.

He had not been getting along with his superior that has an office right there at the Heights...I believe his name is G or something like that. It finally caught up with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it in the Roadway culture to be hostile / labor unfriendly to its employees ,or is that just in the Chicago area 309 ? For as long as I can remember the Roadway guys always spoke of all the hostility with the drivers a constant wave of letter writing and firings . Didn't matter if ya did your job good bad or indifferent you were always walking on egg shells with those people . What up with that ?

Is it in the Roadway culture to be hostile / labor unfriendly to its employees ,or is that just in the Chicago area 309 ? For as long as I can remember the Roadway guys always spoke of all the hostility with the drivers a constant wave of letter writing and firings . Didn't matter if ya did your job good bad or indifferent you were always walking on egg shells with those people . What up with that ?
From my experience its due to the union protection when trying to terminate someone. You can't pick and choose who to ride hard or write up so if you want to get rid of the bad apples you have to treat everyone the same, which tends to be like crap. At least thats how it was at UPS.

From my experience its due to the union protection when trying to terminate someone. You can't pick and choose who to ride hard or write up so if you want to get rid of the bad apples you have to treat everyone the same, which tends to be like crap. At least thats how it was at UPS.
Yeah , wasn't talken about UPS but yeah they are an other one with a lot of managerial abuse . Some union barns are great to work for but then ya got some of these odd ball outfits with the (⊙▃⊙) mentality treating everyone like $H!T. Yellow was pretty much layed back at least here in Chicago and area can't comment on other parts of the country .

I have learned over the years, regardless of whether I, myself, have worked for Yellow or Roadway, CONTROL is the issue here.
If EVERY single employee of YRC Freight were to carry around a contract book and file a grievance, regardless of seniority, life would be so much easier.
Eventually, management will leave US alone, to accomplish what we do best.
The offer of "world-class" service to all our customers.

YOU, SIR, (and I vaguely recognize you as a Teamster) are an idiot!
It is "social" hour @YRC Freight and if you are not a Butt-Hole Sniffer, you are not allowed to socialize. Period!
Are you one of those Butt-Hole Sniffers who buys management a dozen Crispy-Cream doughnuts?
That way, you can sniff your way to a 60 hour work week!
Or do you "socialize" with the incoherent supervisors?
That way, you only physically work 5 hours, while complaining about your Teamster Brother's "production."

Even though, I clock in to work each and every day, the TOM complains!
When I book-off, she-he, still complains!
Certain managers are NOT employee friendly, UNLESS, you, myself, or I, kiss-ass, and sniff smelly Butt-Holes.

DO YOU GET MY DRIFT? YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A TEAMSTER BROTHER?????????????????

i have learned over the years, regardless of whether i, myself, have worked for yellow or roadway, control is the issue here.
If every single employee of yrc freight were to carry around a contract book and file a grievance, regardless of seniority, life would be so much easier.
Eventually, management will leave us alone, to accomplish what we do best.
The offer of "world-class" service to all our customers.

i agree, it would be nice if members would file grievances instead of complaining to fellow workers and on this site (tb) about how yrc is screwing them. It would even be nicer if when they do file our ba would actually send them to the panel if he is unable to win them locally.

YOU, SIR, (and I vaguely recognize you as a Teamster) are an idiot!
It is "social" hour @YRC Freight and if you are not a Butt-Hole Sniffer, you are not allowed to socialize. Period!
Are you one of those Butt-Hole Sniffers who buys management a dozen Crispy-Cream doughnuts?
That way, you can sniff your way to a 60 hour work week!
Or do you "socialize" with the incoherent supervisors?
That way, you only physically work 5 hours, while complaining about your Teamster Brother's "production."

Even though, I clock in to work each and every day, the TOM complains!
When I book-off, she-he, still complains!
Certain managers are NOT employee friendly, UNLESS, you, myself, or I, kiss-ass, and sniff smelly Butt-Holes.

DO YOU GET MY DRIFT? YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A TEAMSTER BROTHER?????????????????

White Shirt is a Conway Manager

White Shirt is a Conway Manager

Hmmm somehow I don't see a move from manager at UPS to manager at Conway being a move in the right direction for the character. No wonder he's union worker unfriendly.

I never said I was Union worker unfriendly. I just gave my experience. If you don't like it its fine with me. Why are union members always so negative towards management for no reason?