FedEx Freight | Linehaul's shutting down??

Well, why do you think FedEx Ground is having all these problems with class-action lawsuits, the IRS, and legal problems with the states?

UPS didn't like it because they were losing ground market share.
The Teamsters didn't like it because it was affecting their members and they couldn't organize FedEx Ground.
The states didn't like it because they were losing tax revenue since these O/O's were doing 1099s on their drivers. The staes want W2's so they get a guaranteed cut of their tax money.

Follow the money trail and you'll always find out who's behind this stuff. :smilie_132:
Once again your over the top/ off topic....The Question was....Is Nat;l Hiring Contractors........Not.......Why Would They Hire Contracrors:chairshot::hide:

Well, why do you think FedEx Ground is having all these problems with class-action lawsuits, the IRS, and legal problems with the states?

UPS didn't like it because they were losing ground market share.
The Teamsters didn't like it because it was affecting their members and they couldn't organize FedEx Ground.
The states didn't like it because they were losing tax revenue since these O/O's were doing 1099s on their drivers. The staes want W2's so they get a guaranteed cut of their tax money.

Follow the money trail and you'll always find out who's behind this stuff. :smilie_132:

I have two friends who own ground contracts.They both have several truck each.Out of around 21 runs [ I think ] they say only 1 is sometimes getting cut.If you ask my they have been working on the law suit issues and seem to be busier then the Freight side of the company.

Who got laid off in l/h disp ?
Not sure of names. I only know one by name. He used to be a dock sup., quit and went somewhere else and came back as dispatcher over in linehaul. His name is Greg and one other left. The night billers and evening city dispatch are now over there, came out to the smoke pit and started to tell us who was gone. Didn't have time to get the whole story.

I was told the reason they are hiring contractors is to cover unbalanced lanes, extra freight and in some cases with the relays lanes they are switching to some of that wont work so they will have a contractor do it.