ABF | little freightliners pain in the back and neck

troutbumDRIVER

TB Lurker
Credits
does any other abf's drive the little city freightliners? I had a mack for the last year and now with this new truck all i get is a back and neck pain. no air ride and its always breaking down. These trucks are so stiff all my freight goes every where in the trailer. let me know thanks:nutkick:

One too many

We have just one at 058, but that is one too many... They may have gotten a good deal on those little pieces of junk, but they'll pay out way more in repairs and workman's comp. claims than they will ever save... Ours is two years old now and seems to spend almost as much time in the shop as it does delivering freight... Whoever made the decision to buy them probably has never seen the inside of a tractor...

We have two at 051. They are always replacing the windshields because they are so low to the ground they seem to get busted by rocks easily. It feels like you are in a pickup truck. The only good thing I can say is that they do have AC. We still have 2 old Internationals with no AC. Now that really sucks!!!!!!!:beerchug:

lol.........wear your seatbelts, we had 2 drivers go to the clinic after hitting speed bumps and the seats sending them into the ceiling of the cabs,and i believe the person who bought these has never driven a truck in his life because if he did and still bought them then he should be made to drive one home and back to work everyday then he will know our pain...........

We only have one here @ 005. I haven't drove it yet on deliveries. The guy that drives it says it is very rough with no power. He did drive one of the old Int. with no AC. He does like the fact that he does have that. I have drove it on the yard hostling around,and I don't like it. It does have good AC.
I will probably be driving it alot when he goes on vacation. I cannot wait...........NOT !!!!

We have two at 051. They are always replacing the windshields because they are so low to the ground they seem to get busted by rocks easily. It feels like you are in a pickup truck. The only good thing I can say is that they do have AC. We still have 2 old Internationals with no AC. Now that really sucks!!!!!!!:beerchug:
I don't know, I drove for Roadway for 3 years, mostly in those old Ford Cabovers they had... No AC, no power steering, no power, not the best ride, but I'd still rather drive one of them... At least you could still walk when you got out of them, and your back wasn't broken...

We have 3 of those in Albany #027. They all have less then 15,000 on them, and 2 have been in the shop already.Problems range from frontends shaking/fuel gauges and air conditioner not working.
I feel like someboby worked me over with a baseball bat after spending aday in one of those truck!!

I saw an abf driver driving one in milwaukee. I thought it was a 7up tractor hauling an abf trailer at first :D.....