Yellow | Local 707 Pension Fund

I said this the minute the pension law was passed back in December 2014, " Every pension plan out there will be finding out how to cut pensions and follow the rules laid out to get them to be underfunded" . The Dam was cracked and now the Dam is leaking and as My Friend Mud says, " I believe he Dam is breaking". It will not be long before we all will be drowning in the water. This is just a pattern set forth by our leaders to save the nation on the backs of the workers and retirees. Just my opinion, Lets see how it plays out, I have some time yet to watch. It ain't going to be pretty!
Sorry. I don't see a conspiracy. Just evidence of overpromising. People believe the best, that someone else will always come to save them. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Our money is worthless, and we may soon discover that, I'm afraid...

The results of all the COOs that moved Teamsters out of Maybrook and spread them around the country.....meanwhile the IBT still will not see what happens to all the rubber stamping of these COOs and what it complicates down the road......the IBT should have been protecting their future at Maybrook!......KK

you are way off base even if employees move out of Maybrook or any other location thier pensions stays in fund they belong to, and the contributions the company makes to the fund in their name goes to their Fund in this case 707...maybe you should get your facts correct prior to posting...

raOj7bk.jpg

Why can't we stick to :

Gdc4jB0.jpg

you are way off base even if employees move out of Maybrook or any other location thier pensions stays in fund they belong to, and the contributions the company makes to the fund in their name goes to their Fund in this case 707...maybe you should get your facts correct prior to posting...

Not exactly...I"am told by the Maybrook drivers that came to Atlanta there were once 1,500 teamster jobs in the Maybrook terminal, and there are approx 500 who are still laid off and some were laid off because they did not make the move on the COO....That alone costs the 707 Fund 500 members who have nothing paid into the fund......the COOs are the main reason there are only 853 active partcipants in the 707 fund

This fact was already posted here. Go back and read post 10,and 49.

Not exactly...I"am told by the Maybrook drivers that came to Atlanta there were once 1,500 teamster jobs in the Maybrook terminal, and there are approx 500 who are still laid off and some were laid off because they did not make the move on the COO....That alone costs the 707 Fund 500 members who have nothing paid into the fund......the COOs are the main reason there are only 853 active partcipants in the 707 fund

How can there be 500 still laid off when they are hiring P&D and road drivers (or trying to hire anyway)? Also as I pointed out earlier, Maybrook was a gaining terminal in recent COO's. Besides, you've been around a long time so why do you believe anything a driver tells you? :hilarious:

Here are the facts as I know them - 707 pension was funded at 98% in 1995 when McCaffrey became a union officer and Fund Trustee .Under his watch he approved an increase in pension credits from $90 per credit to $115 .This coincided with President of 707 retirement and member of his ticket who immediately became a Yellow Labor manager ,Nicholas Piccarello .Nice going away gift .Then , instead of hard negotiations , when Cardinal Healthcare and Overnight/UPS became 707 Teamsters , they did not become part of the pension , they were put in a 401K .The pension NEEDED more employers then and now .Yet ,McCaffery complains about lack of employer contributions when he let 2 big fish get away .
In 2000 , the Fund had about 440 MILLION in assets .15 years later , we have next to nothing . Here is where the politicians got involved . In 2006 , Pension laws were changed , and that is why we receive those notices regarding funding status .That same set of laws also provided for a 5% penalty the first year , and 10% penalty every year after above and beyond the contribution rate until the fund was out of endangered status . I believe that THIS is what triggered UPS paying 6 Billion dollars to get out of CSPF . I also believe that is why YRC desperately needed to freeze pension contributions ...Because ZERO X 5% is ZERO ,and Zero X 10% is ZERO .And to the best of my knowledge , no penalty surcharge has been paid .
Leadership roles demands of leaders to make decisions , and accountability . The plan actuaries CANNOT have NOT known what this set of circumstances would do the the 707 pension fund .Yet McCaffrey and crew told the members to vote yes to save YRC , never speaking of actuarial advice to the contrary .
McCaffrey has , while holding a full time job as 707 President , became certified in Plan administration .He also ,as noted in this thread , entered into local politics .SO ,is it no wonder that the Teamster members suffer ? The 707 plan administrator was a full time job, the President was a full time job , and one would imagine that the constituents want their county legislator doing that full time ..THREE FULL TIME JOBS done by one person.Plus a Fund Trustee..Rome burned , as Nero fiddled ................He and the other Trustees have violated their Fiduciary duties IMO .

So please pass this along - at 4PM on Saturday 6/20/15 at LaQuinta Inn and Suites at MacArthur Airport ,10 Aero Rd. Bohemia NY all active and retired 707 pension participants are invited to discuss any and all legal remedies to restore our pension .

The real problem is not COOs but the fact that union leadership has organized a big fat zero number of new companies in the NE or anywhere else to get them into the fund. No new employers in the fund and that means no new employees in the fund. Why aren't any new employers organized and in 707 - where is the leadership? We have been failed by the lack or organizing companies and getting them into our pension funds.

Last edited:
My local organized a bunch of school bus companies and Hospital workers and none of them our in our pension plans! Great for dues revenue but that's about it.

My local organized a bunch of school bus companies and Hospital workers and none of them our in our pension plans! Great for dues revenue but that's about it.
It keeps the bosses in office . Isn't that what really matters?

Not exactly...I"am told by the Maybrook drivers that came to Atlanta there were once 1,500 teamster jobs in the Maybrook terminal, and there are approx 500 who are still laid off and some were laid off because they did not make the move on the COO....That alone costs the 707 Fund 500 members who have nothing paid into the fund......the COOs are the main reason there are only 853 active partcipants in the 707 fund[/QUOTE

kennesaw kid you are so wrong, there is zero laid off in Maybrook, one more time when employees move under a COO they stay in thier orginial Pension funds and the contributes to thier fund no matter where else they move from period. so if at one time the 707 fund and Maybrook had 1500 members and these people move to ATLANTA as you say then the company continues to make the contribution to the 707 pension fund in that employees name for the hours that employees works in ATL. Again Maybrook has Zero laid off and are hiring, i would say that all the union carriers that have gone out of business and yet those employees from those companies continue to draw Pensions from the fund is the real cause of the problem along with zero new companies being organized and coming into the fund.....i really wish you the KENNESAW KID would get your facts right prior to making comments like the one above....if you are going to be a Staff member of this site maybe some sharing of facts might help.

That was told to me by the remaining Maybrook drivers in Atlanta......would have thought they knew about their old terminal, just like I will have to take your word that your facts are correct too.....how about it John Kelder?.....KK

They're not as big a pain in the ass as we are either. They're afraid to speak.

Here are the facts as I know them - 707 pension was funded at 98% in 1995 when McCaffrey became a union officer and Fund Trustee .Under his watch he approved an increase in pension credits from $90 per credit to $115 .This coincided with President of 707 retirement and member of his ticket who immediately became a Yellow Labor manager ,Nicholas Piccarello .Nice going away gift .Then , instead of hard negotiations , when Cardinal Healthcare and Overnight/UPS became 707 Teamsters , they did not become part of the pension , they were put in a 401K .The pension NEEDED more employers then and now .Yet ,McCaffery complains about lack of employer contributions when he let 2 big fish get away .
In 2000 , the Fund had about 440 MILLION in assets .15 years later , we have next to nothing . Here is where the politicians got involved . In 2006 , Pension laws were changed , and that is why we receive those notices regarding funding status .That same set of laws also provided for a 5% penalty the first year , and 10% penalty every year after above and beyond the contribution rate until the fund was out of endangered status . I believe that THIS is what triggered UPS paying 6 Billion dollars to get out of CSPF . I also believe that is why YRC desperately needed to freeze pension contributions ...Because ZERO X 5% is ZERO ,and Zero X 10% is ZERO .And to the best of my knowledge , no penalty surcharge has been paid .
Leadership roles demands of leaders to make decisions , and accountability . The plan actuaries CANNOT have NOT known what this set of circumstances would do the the 707 pension fund .Yet McCaffrey and crew told the members to vote yes to save YRC , never speaking of actuarial advice to the contrary .
McCaffrey has , while holding a full time job as 707 President , became certified in Plan administration .He also ,as noted in this thread , entered into local politics .SO ,is it no wonder that the Teamster members suffer ? The 707 plan administrator was a full time job, the President was a full time job , and one would imagine that the constituents want their county legislator doing that full time ..THREE FULL TIME JOBS done by one person.Plus a Fund Trustee..Rome burned , as Nero fiddled ................He and the other Trustees have violated their Fiduciary duties IMO .

So please pass this along - at 4PM on Saturday 6/20/15 at LaQuinta Inn and Suites at MacArthur Airport ,10 Aero Rd. Bohemia NY all active and retired 707 pension participants are invited to discuss any and all legal remedies to restore our pension .
Thank you for your factual input. I totally agree that Mcaffrey is preoccupied with his local politics aside from the fact that besides being the president of 707 he also wants to run the entire 707 office. I feel he and the actuaries failed to do there fiduciary duties by running a well funded local into the ground in as little as 15 yrs. This local had so much money at one time they started giving the 13th check in mid December every year. What happened to all the money? I Guess he doesn't care about the men or the 707 pension, He'll get his Joint Council 16 pension instead.

Last edited:
How can there be 500 still laid off when they are hiring P&D and road drivers (or trying to hire anyway)? Also as I pointed out earlier, Maybrook was a gaining terminal in recent COO's. Besides, you've been around a long time so why do you believe anything a driver tells you? :hilarious:
The 500 or so you speak of were most likely laid off during a downsizing (or mutiple downsizings) at Maybrook. Over the course of time these members just said to hell with it and found jobs elsewhere. Like a lot of former roadway Stroudsburg men when the Company called them to come back they told YRC to pound sand!
It's sad, Now that business is growing YRC is finding out how difficult it is to move freight from both the former Yellow & Roadway with a couple of thousand former member that they now have a snowballs chance in hell to ever see again!
Thanks again "Fuzzy" zollars! You screwed two good Companies for what? Ego? You bastard!

The 500 or so you speak of were most likely laid off during a downsizing (or mutiple downsizings) at Maybrook. Over the course of time these members just said to hell with it and found jobs elsewhere. Like a lot of former roadway Stroudsburg men when the Company called them to come back they told YRC to pound sand!
It's sad, Now that business is growing YRC is finding out how difficult it is to move freight from both the former Yellow & Roadway with a couple of thousand former member that they now have a snowballs chance in hell to ever see again!
Thanks again "Fuzzy" zollars! You screwed two good Companies for what? Ego? You bastard!

The comment I was responding to was that "there are approx 500 who are STILL laid off". No one at Maybrook is currently on layoff. They are shorthanded and are hiring. Also, all recent COO's have been gains for Maybrook.