ABF | Local #79 STRIKE notice

Does anyone know if and when they will be releasing the vote outcome? I believe they had a list by locals last contract....
I could be wrong, but I was thinking last contract there was not a strike vote.
If I remember correctly, they had it worded on the Master proposal that a NO vote was the authorization to strike. Ernie S. said there would be no re-negotiation, that a No vote was a vote to strike. But I am old and have slept since then, so I may be remembering it wrong.
I think the list by Locals was the actual vote counts!!!

If I remember correctly, they had it worded on the Master proposal that a NO vote was the authorization to strike. Ernie S. said there would be no re-negotiation, that a No vote was a vote to strike. But I am old and have slept since then, so I may be remembering it wrong.
I'm a tad bit older lol, and you are right! When Ernie made that statement, the result was the same as when the Yellow buying ABF fake news was released!!

If you vote while asleep, is that a yes or no vote? asking for the Chairman.:1036316054:

Here at the Rock, we had our “Strike Authorization Vote” at the hall (#878). We actually had 203 members come out and cast a vote. Of those 203 votes, one was a “NO” vote, one was blank, and 201 voted “YES” authorizing a strike if necessary. We could not have the vote on sight at 004 as our business agent was out of town at the contract negotiations and our president was out of town on Union business as well.
Everything I am hearing is that the vote was an over-whelming “YES” pretty much everywhere. But my info is mostly from the road drivers coming in to 004.

Here at the Rock, we had our “Strike Authorization Vote” at the hall (#878). We actually had 203 members come out and cast a vote. Of those 203 votes, one was a “NO” vote, one was blank, and 201 voted “YES” authorizing a strike if necessary. We could not have the vote on sight at 004 as our business agent was out of town at the contract negotiations and our president was out of town on Union business as well.
Everything I am hearing is that the vote was an over-whelming “YES” pretty much everywhere. But my info is mostly from the road drivers coming in to 004.
I just don't understand it sometimes. You come out to cast a vote, then turn it in blank. How many times have we had a contract vote mailed to the house and all you had to do was walk out with a pen vote and put it back in the box. With it that easy and we still couldn't get all the votes returned!!

The state west of you had 100% yes as well.

As soon as customer hear of any potential strike, they panic. As in shift freight to alternative and often better carriers.
When you play with fire, at times, you do get burnt.
I wish you well...

My EOL was 100%

You remember it right.

If you have been asleep since the last contract, that answers a few of my questions. :lmao: