ABF | Local #79 STRIKE notice

I'm retired but saw many potential strikes, you just dislike the Teamsters Puffy.
True, I dislike all organized crime syndicates.
BUt the fact of the matter is in today's market, a VP Of Transportation/Logistics will not risk his job by conducting business with a company on the verge of a strike. That could risk that person's job for not understanding the market.
I spoke to a large shipper and he has already diverted business away from UPS Parcel in the event of a disruption. Plus that protects his capacity should something happen.
We all know, once freight shifts away from a carrier it is very difficult to get it back. Unless you use price as the bait and that rarely helps.
But you be a tough guy and support a strike.
I'll be here watching...

I spoke to a large shipper and he has already diverted business away from UPS Parcel in the event of a disruption. Plus that protects his capacity should something happen.
So, you are saying the ravines will be full of packages (FedEx Ground) or their customers will have to file a damage claim when/if the package arrives (USPS). That sounds like an outstanding business plan.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

True, I dislike all organized crime syndicates.
BUt the fact of the matter is in today's market, a VP Of Transportation/Logistics will not risk his job by conducting business with a company on the verge of a strike. That could risk that person's job for not understanding the market.
We all know, once freight shifts away from a carrier it is very difficult to get it back. Unless you use price as the bait and that rarely helps.
But you be a tough guy and support a strike.
I'll be here watching...
I support a persons right to make their decision but you seem to be a little twisted today. What level of Mgmt. are you in if I may ask?

Last edited: