ABF | Local B.A. predicts doom for ratification

One local rep. says early indications are against ratification of the 2008-2013 NMFA. It seems so far the NO`s have it. It is still too early to tell for sure but so far the majority has been against the NMFA. The new language concerning the 4hour casuals and the bidding process with the utility drivers seem to be major concerns for many local drivers and dock employees.

LOL! So, they're already counting the votes then, right? Damn, I was sure they'd wait until 2-8.

Well for your information, I've heard that this whole election/ballot thing is just wasting the Unions money. Its a done deal because Hoffa says so. Mr. Ben Dover down at the Pilot Truck Stop told me that when Mr. Hoffa was having dinner there last week he overheard Hoffa say to someone as to what his statement to the press would be after the votes are counted, "Boys it was real, real close but the YES voters have done it, we have a contract". :hysterical:

I'm sure that with everything that has happened in the past dealing with the IBT, the Fed's are always just another mistake away.

Well for your information, I've heard that this whole election/ballot thing is just wasting the Unions money. Its a done deal because Hoffa says so. Mr. Ben Dover down at the Pilot Truck Stop told me that when Mr. Hoffa was having dinner there last week he overheard Hoffa say to someone as to what his statement to the press would be after the votes are counted, "Boys it was real, real close but the YES voters have done it, we have a contract". :hysterical:

I'm sure that with everything that has happened in the past dealing with the IBT, the Fed's are always just another mistake away.

Maybe thats why many people never were able to vote then and was not given a ballot at all. I believe it!

I can just see it.

that's 2 votes for yes and 1 vote for no. There's 2 votes for yes and 1 vote for no. Repeat until the desired results come to be.

"It seems so far the NO`s have it. It is still too early to tell for sure but so far the majority has been against the NMFA."........So he has spoken to over 35,000 (The Majority)freight members in the last few weeks and they have told him they voted no?....KK

Benny,
You have to stop talking to strangers at Pilot!

We were on strike in the nineties.I think that year was 94. I was on at least 4 picket lines maybe more in the last 30 years.I think the longest was around 10 days. And the longest contract we had until JR got in was 3 years.

We were on strike in the nineties.I think that year was 94. I was on at least 4 picket lines maybe more in the last 30 years.I think the longest was around 10 days. And the longest contract we had until JR got in was 3 years.

3 years would be better. I may have voted for it then. Gives the company some time to recoup and gives them time to make some money so we can hit em hard.

Teamster were not able to come to a tentative agreement with the company's in 94. That was a bad contract and was signed after we came back. That's why I ask can anyone remember when the last time a tentative agreement has been turn down.

One local rep. says early indications are against ratification of the 2008-2013 NMFA.I t seems so far the NO`s have it. It is still too early to tell for sure but so far the majority has been against the NMFA. The new language concerning the 4hour casuals and the bidding process with the utility drivers seem to be major concerns for many local drivers and dock employees.

What are you talkin about. Is this BA a freekin psychic or something or is he just speculating?

It aint his job to go out tellin people he knows whats on them ballots, this is a good way to get yourself fired from the local.

.I t seems so far the NO`s have it. It is still too early to tell for sure but so far the majority has been against the NMFA.

You wouldn't post this crap just to cause a problem would you brother?

The longest you were on was 10?

The "94 strike was 24 days

Brother, if you were on a picket line, you would remember the date time and people you were with, unless you were lobotomized since.

I guess its kind of like the feckin guys that claim they were in Viet Nam, and never joined the Army, lookin for respet they dont deserve. I was lucky, my kid was there and got two Purple Hearts for his effort. Him and all the other kids went there are my Heroes.