ABF | Local driver layoffs

Denver just reduced hours layoffs coming next. Not sure what's behind this. TM not the best so the answer to being busy with lots of ot and PT is to close the dock Fri and Saturday night and reduce hours? Doesn't make sense to me but I am trying to build the road to 10G lmao 😂 what do I know

Prior to the Contract signing there was a rumor that ABF was just waiting for the signing and then there would be a CIO, Change In Operation. Has anybody heard or seen an email regarding such? Does it truly slow freight or is freight getting routed around different paths in an attempt to possibly close some terminals? Just Curious... Been on layoff since July 16th.

Prior to the Contract signing there was a rumor that ABF was just waiting for the signing and then there would be a CIO, Change In Operation. Has anybody heard or seen an email regarding such? Does it truly slow freight or is freight getting routed around different paths in an attempt to possibly close some terminals? Just Curious... Been on layoff since July 16th.
They still have 1 on lay off in Wilkes-Barre for almost 2 months now

They still have 1 on lay off in Wilkes-Barre for almost 2 months now
A few of my friends who work for FedEx say they have either some on furlough, or sitting home daily. LTL overall, is slow everywhere right now. Most of YRC’s freight was absorbed by others 2-3 months ago as we watched the war of words going on between the union and Hawkins, customers fled.

It's slow at 086 but not enough to lay people off. The road has had 2 drivers retire and one get fired since 7.01.2023. There are two road drivers who have turned in retirement paperwork for the end of September. Another three drivers who say they will retire at the end of 2023. And those are just the ones I know about.

Also, five Yellow drivers were given orientation last Monday for causal road positions at 086. We haven't had road casual positions in the 22 years I've worked here. And I think there are 5 more Yellow drivers who have been approved for employment as soon as the five casuals work their way on full-time.

Yes, they are doing 3 phases. First phase was to get rid of dynamic, improve customer experience. No idea what the other phases will bring. Basically going back to basics. The flash physical sleds did not work but they love the program. It will basically be a supervisor ai telling you what to do.