Estes | Local Flex Driver?

TheNewGuy

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m thinking about applying to a local flex position. Is that just P&D? What’s up with the fancy name? I’m coming from yrc.

I’m thinking about applying to a local flex position. Is that just P&D? What’s up with the fancy name? I’m coming from yrc.
The flex positions are teams that stay out 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I’ve never seen a local flex position unless they’ve renamed combo driver again. If that’s the case you’ll work P&D, dock, yard mule, linehaul, just whatever is needed. Not a bad job if you don’t mind not knowing what you’ll be doing from week to week.

The flex positions are teams that stay out 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I’ve never seen a local flex position unless they’ve renamed combo driver again. If that’s the case you’ll work P&D, dock, yard mule, linehaul, just whatever is needed. Not a bad job if you don’t mind not knowing what you’ll be doing from week to week.

You're thinking flex team. Local flex is combo

It’s a combo job. You’ll do city, dock and can be used to cover linehaul or hub runs at night. In my area tho they mainly get used in city and on dock.