Central Transport | Log book

Scotty425

TB Lurker
Credits
Recently I was given a xeroxed sheet of how do do a log book with my paycheck. It states that "Road drivers can show 'Off-Duty' time only at our terminals".
I checked with the Log department, and they confirmed that if I am waiting at our terminals (not nessecarily my home terminal) it is "off-duty" time.
Yet, this flies in the face of the motor carrier rule 395.2 reguarding Duty times:

On duty time means all time from the time a driver begins to work or is required to be in readiness to work until the time the driver is relieved from work and all responsibility for performing work. On-duty time shall include:

(1) All time at a plant, terminal, facility, or other property of a motor carrier or shipper, or on any public property, waiting to be dispatched, unless the driver has been relieved from duty by the motor carrier;

(2) All time inspecting, servicing, or conditioning any commercial motor vehicle at any time;

(3) All driving time as defined in the term driving time;

(4) All time, other than driving time, in or upon any commercial motor vehicle except time spent resting in a sleeper berth;

(5) All time loading or unloading a commercial motor vehicle, supervising, or assisting in the loading or unloading, attending a commercial motor vehicle being loaded or unloaded, remaining in readiness to operate the commercial motor vehicle, or in giving or receiving receipts for shipments loaded or unloaded;

(6) All time repairing, obtaining assistance, or remaining in attendance upon a disabled commercial motor vehicle;

(7) All time spent providing a breath sample or urine specimen, including travel time to and from the collection site, in order to comply with the random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, or follow-up testing required by part 382 of this subchapter when directed by a motor carrier;

(8) Performing any other work in the capacity, employ, or service of, a motor carrier; and

(9) Performing any compensated work for a person who is not a motor carrier.

Anyone else dealt with this issue yet at our company?

I had to use those regs once as a city driver. Started calling in at 8 am every hour, was finally told to come in at 5 to work the dock. At 9 pm they tried to give me a 4 hour run to a D.C. for a drop and hook. Was to tired to even think about it so i told them no. Night manager tried giving some grief and threatened me with having to meet with the branch manager the next morning to keep my job. Told him i was unfit to complete the run and accoriding to reg 395.2, ive been on duty since 8 am. Never heard another word about it but i knew the night manager was pissed that i could trump him with the regs.

Want to mess with them, next time your standing in the drivers room and they want you to sign for the bills or talk to you about anything work related, just look at them and tell them your off duty according to safety, so they will have to wait for you to log back in.

it says you "can" .... if you dont want to then dont ... it really doesnt matter after your home punch what you show because you have 14 hours from that point on even if you showed a hour off somewhere . and no need to save time if your working 5 days a week because you have 14 hours every day . so at the end of the day it dont matter if you have 12 hours on duty total or 14 you will still have 14 the next day . so you might as well do it the right way and show on duty

The Company is telling you they are putting you "off duty" at terminals when you are not working. What is soooooo hard to understand about that? Look it's your job. Go ahead a be bullheaded and on your next job, maybe you will understand.

the company is telling you they are putting you "off duty" at terminals when you are not working. What is soooooo hard to understand about that? Look it's your job. Go ahead a be bullheaded and on your next job, maybe you will understand.

what do you care you do not even work at vitran any more

Well it sound like larmar is a terminal assclown you can not beat the DOT . In the end the law allways wins. Think about yourself the company will not defend you on a logbook violation .With the new rules it will be harder to find a job when you get sick of this place with all the violation on your record. With a drivers mentality i look out for me and see my big picture scence i still work here. Watch when they finish the sale of Milan express it will get worse here.

Well it sound like larmar is a terminal assclown you can not beat the DOT . In the end the law allways wins. Think about yourself the company will not defend you on a logbook violation .With the new rules it will be harder to find a job when you get sick of this place with all the violation on your record. With a drivers mentality i look out for me and see my big picture scence i still work here. Watch when they finish the sale of Milan express it will get worse here.

Say what you want. If the Company gives you written direction to log your time off duty. Then it is offduty. Lol...you dummys put waaaaay too much "trust" in the D.O.T. I read all the time on these threads about this and that complaint filed with the D.O.T. and then it all goes quiet. You never hear anything more. There is a right way to involved the D.O.T. and a wrong way and you kids, still have not figured it out. Lol.... "ass clown" is that the best you can do, revert into name calling? Go back to playing video games, I see this trucking thing is too much for you. :)

So do tell us lamar why did you quit this place I see trucking is not for you Iam still here oh and nice name calling Dummy gets ya far in this world

wrenchmonkey

So do tell us lamar why did you quit this place I see trucking is not for you Iam still here oh and nice name calling Dummy gets ya far in this world

Couldn't stand the type of individual employed in GRR :tongue:

Say what you want. If the Company gives you written direction to log your time off duty. Then it is offduty. Lol...you dummys put waaaaay too much "trust" in the D.O.T.

Sounds like your a company "YES" man and will belive anything they tell you over written DOT regs!

Sounds like your a company "YES" man and will belive anything they tell you over written DOT regs!

So match your talk with your walk. Stop this next week at a scale and tell them about all the "troubles" with your equipment. Stop bi*&hing and DO IT! Otherwise shut up and go to work.

Lamar i smell ::shit:: coming from you keep you lies straight .I have had trucks inspected and red tagged at inspection station and there is not a dam thing you and the company can do about it .Its my life and the life of the people on the road I am responsible for.

Lamar i smell coming from you keep you lies straight .I have had trucks inspected and red tagged at inspection station and there is not a dam thing you and the company can do about it .Its my life and the life of the people on the road I am responsible for.

Uhhh...good for you. Seems like you, being a mechanic, would know before hand there was an issue. But maybe that is why Greg forced you out of the shop, because he needed mechanics that would actually DO the work. Not just jaw about it.

I believe Vitran somehow has been in control or own Milan in some kind of way for the past 10 years, but once it is made public it will get worse.

But on the other hand they will gain Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North & South Carolina. Those of us in the states that share territory with them will be in another blood bath of "Who owns Who"?

More than happy to run my truck and trailer around back at the scale because i know my stuff will pass!

Oh yeah, thats because it doesnt say Vijax on my door!!!!

Say what you want. If the Company gives you written direction to log your time off duty. Then it is offduty. Lol...you dummys put waaaaay too much "trust" in the D.O.T. I read all the time on these threads about this and that complaint filed with the D.O.T. and then it all goes quiet. You never hear anything more. There is a right way to involved the D.O.T. and a wrong way and you kids, still have not figured it out. Lol.... "ass clown" is that the best you can do, revert into name calling? Go back to playing video games, I see this trucking thing is too much for you. :)

Well Lamar, I posted the question not because I didn't understand it, but rather I am trying to bring attention to it. As for not understanding trucking, I had my own authority for years (as in had an ICC number in my name, and it was my company's name on the door). But I am sure you will still want to school me in how it's done. The company is trying to get us to log off duty at a terminal (not our home terminal) so that will back them legally to not pay us for waiting. It is illegal, period. No room for discussion. You do what you want. I came here with a clean CDL, and that's how I'll leave,too.