XPO | Long time lurker with 1st post

L.Dong

TB Lurker
Credits
Benn checking this site out for quite some time.I'm on the 20th page of conway posts or threads whatever you call 'em and just gein' more depressed with every page I read. I am getting ready to start with conway in a matter of days and am really having 2nd thoughts after reading all these posts on here. I have to say I mean no disrespect to anyone if what I may say sounds like a putdown or some negative thing or whatever.But first and foremost I find it unreal to read about all the bad things drivers and such are putting out there. CW taking this and that from you all,problems with dunnage ,loading freight properly, thinly veiled threats to drivers, being FORCED and THREATENED to drive in extrememly unsafe blizzard conditions,drivers the long long hrs of linehaul,etc.WHEW!!
I really think you guys need to spend some thought on a union in all fairness. I do have a start date but am really worried if this is the company for me.Because my start date is down the road abit ,I have in the last 3 -4 days really begun to intensify my job search with a couple other companies I was also interested in. I f one of them calls before my start date I'm pretty sure I will forgo C.W.due to all the scary things I have read. I want a place where I can work several years and not have to pack up in 6 months or a year because of turmoil between drivers and mgmt.
If nobody calls between now my start date I think I may still try to keep my applications up to date and recheck on them every now and then. I have read several other companies posts and really have not encountered the bad stuff like the C.W. posts. Why so much negativity with company? Is it bad blood just people who like to complain alot or what?
I don't knowe the answer to this and really hope that I made the right choice with this company. I probably would be better off if I stayed away from this site maybe. I really hope I do like it and maybe I will be at a good yard. But to be honest, the seeds have been planted in the back of my head and I think I will always be leery of most everybody and every situation while working there.
Again, I am in NO WAY dissing any driver who works for C.W. I think what I really am questioning is the comapny and its integrity,motives etc towards thier employees, the backbone of the comapny!
On the other hand, alot of companies will tend to attempt certain things just to see what they will be allowed to get away with.
Example: being forced out in level 3 or is it level 1 snow storms (whichever is the worst one),my current company has always said "you are the captain of your ship", if you feel its to dangerous to go out,you don't go out period. No threats, no writeups no nothing. Nobody in thier right state of mind risks thier life family career anything just to appease some overzealous mgmt person. Alot of times they will do, say threaten,whatever YOU the driver allow them to do.And in all fairness it works the other way also.Well I may be done so please feel free to post your replies.Remember I mean no ill will towards anyone. I'm just worried I made the wrong decision thats all