Yellow | look at the big picture!

dokman

TB Veteran
Credits
No one wants this all to take place but we all better make it work or we will all be on the outside looking in.

High unemployment!

Poor economy!

No one hiring!

etc etc etc!

Quit the fighting make it work get stronger snd get guys back to work.

No one wants this all to take place but we all better make it work or we will all be on the outside looking in.

High unemployment!

Poor economy!

No one hiring!

etc etc etc!

Quit the fighting make it work get stronger snd get guys back to work.

I remember the day I received the contract proposals. I read them and thought that there is no way this thing will ever be ratified. Fast foward a month and my BA is "selling" it to the membership. A little while later my phone rings and lo and behold there is Tyson proudly stating that the contract had been ratified by an overwhelming margin. The companies needed some help and they got it.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something was wrong. Poor management, and the economy turning south were to blame. We can point fingers and **** and moan all day long but it's not going to get the job done. As Teamsters we ALL need to come together now!

My fathers generation helped create the Union and the jobs and benefits that we enjoy today. It is up to us to make sure our children and grandchildren have the same benefits. A daunting task given our present circumstances.

I wish I could paint a rosey picture and say everything will be alright. Facts are facts. If we do nothing it will be a slow miserable death for all of us. If we get to work on this mess right now we have a chance to survive. I am not saying that we bend over and grab our ankles. All I am saying is approach everything with an open mind.

There is one other thing I would like to point out. Our company was positioned to take a huge bite out of the freight industries *** before the economy turned. With a little help they can be right back there again. All of our brothers and sisters on layoff will be called back and the company will be hiring again putting people to work that help fund our pension. Need I say more?

I agree 100 % also 222lifer. Most remember how opposed I was to the contract and still am. However, we need to put the past on hold and deal with whats occurring now. The attitudes and work ethics we show now are going to determine our futures.

Many know I moved hundreds of miles and have been seperated for months from my family. After all that sacrifice, I may still be laid off soon. The key to holding your job or getting called back is to do your BEST!!! P&D guys, try and get that extra freight sitting there on the customers dock. Build a repore with the customer. Dock guys, do your best to efficiently load and sort the freight damage free and quickly. Yard guys, get those sets strung and the inbounds slapped to the dock fast. Road guys, pay attention to time sensitive and relay freight. Get it there as quickly as you can. Stay available when there is freight to move.

I think we can all agree we aren't happy with upper management. However, in order to insure our future and the future of those laid off, we need to grow our customer base. We can survive this in spite of management if we pull together as Brothers.

I agree 100 % also 222lifer. Most remember how opposed I was to the contract and still am. However, we need to put the past on hold and deal with whats occurring now. The attitudes and work ethics we show now are going to determine our futures.

Many know I moved hundreds of miles and have been seperated for months from my family. After all that sacrifice, I may still be laid off soon. The key to holding your job or getting called back is to do your BEST!!! P&D guys, try and get that extra freight sitting there on the customers dock. Build a repore with the customer. Dock guys, do your best to efficiently load and sort the freight damage free and quickly. Yard guys, get those sets strung and the inbounds slapped to the dock fast. Road guys, pay attention to time sensitive and relay freight. Get it there as quickly as you can. Stay available when there is freight to move.

I think we can all agree we aren't happy with upper management. However, in order to insure our future and the future of those laid off, we need to grow our customer base. We can survive this in spite of management if we pull together as Brothers.

Very well said. And after all the jobs that pay what we all make are pretty much gone if we lose this one.

one thing i did not like was letting these shiny wheels hauling the rail freight. when they are accually hauling any freight that yellow wants them to haul.

vwaggs & 222lifer, well said. I couldn't agree more....we can change Union leaders when this crap is done......

one thing i did not like was letting these shiny wheels hauling the rail freight. when they are accually hauling any freight that yellow wants them to haul.

You figured that out too? Most everything we railed out of Salt Lake was empty going to CGB and KCM. Towards the end of the week we would take a few loaded pups over to the rail.