XPO | Looking for drivers at XCF

dcmilkwagon

Armed, not a victim
Credits
This mornings meeting included some good news. Our SCM called all of the guys that have been layed-off/ET since December. Only one elected to return to work. A new applicant will start working here the first week of April, if he passes background and drug screenings. And we are looking to hire 3 more guys.

So the posting in the other thread by smokeyjuan was true. XCF is hiring. I've noticed an increase in bills and tonnage here the last 3-4 weeks. Hopefully this trend is going on everywhere else too. :clap::clap:

Just thought you all could use a little good news for a change.

This mornings meeting included some good news. Our SCM called all of the guys that have been layed-off/ET since December. Only one elected to return to work. A new applicant will start working here the first week of April, if he passes background and drug screenings. And we are looking to hire 3 more guys.

So the posting in the other thread by smokeyjuan was true. XCF is hiring. I've noticed an increase in bills and tonnage here the last 3-4 weeks. Hopefully this trend is going on everywhere else too. :clap::clap:

Just thought you all could use a little good news for a change.

"only one elected to return to work"....

This is only the beginning. We have garnered a reputation of being a 'so...so' company...albeit deserved or otherwise.

If I was a potential employee given the public image and information at Con-Way and the recent history I would in no way risk committing myself to this company.

The ridiculous expenditures that for some reason seem to remain 'holy' would sour me on the whole afffair...given the fact CW has no qualms in kicking you in the groin when convenient (think Eco-Terms...totally unnecessary!!!).

There is no particular benefit in working for Con-Way...not anymore! Its just another job!!!...like so many others...nothing special!!!...

Rat :loser:

This is only the beginning. We have garnered a reputation of being a 'so...so' company...albeit deserved or otherwise.

If I was a potential employee given the public image and information at Con-Way and the recent history I would in no way risk committing myself to this company.

The ridiculous expenditures that for some reason seem to remain 'holy' would sour me on the whole afffair...given the fact CW has no qualms in kicking you in the groin when convenient (think Eco-Terms...totally unnecessary!!!).

There is no particular benefit in working for Con-Way...not anymore! Its just another job!!!...like so many others...nothing special!!!...

Keep puttin' those resumes out there...as soon as you find someone who matches your pay, gives you the benefits you want to retire on, plus the 5-6 weeks a year you are getting off ( I assume you are a 20 year guy, you talk as if you are), please let the rest of us know, as we will be in line behind you..

Here we go, another employee who is just not happy. I've been reading posts and have been quiet but let me say a few things. Yes, the economy is still bad. I've been employed with Conway for 7 years now and it's not a bad gig. Where can you make the money you're making now. I know from experience that this is the best paying job I have ever had. Linehaul, you may drive 8-10 hours sitting on your butt and then on the dock for 3 hours working. Not bad, I think. Since being employed, yes we have lost a lot of bennies but we still don't have it so bad. I personally have gotten the Quarterly Leader Award and The President Award cause I have worked above and beyond most other drivers. This job has gotten me further along than any previous jobs I have ever had. I hope things get better and I am sure they will, it will only take some time. If the drivers on this board would only look into positive instead of the negitive we could be better in all areas including our personal lives as well. I have been on the flex board 6 1/2 out of 7 years and it's not all that fun juggling my hours but my wife and I make due. Sure I wish I could have a steady bid but I don't and I do deal with it. I am very happy being employed here with Conway. By the way I am not no a##kisser, I just do my job as I am supposed to.

Hell a small in pay like $3-4 is worth it to be treated with dignity and respect

Just curious...has your SCM come to you and said that he is going to take your dignity and respect..??? I keep hearing these words, and I haven't at anytime stopped treating people with dignity and respect...I took the same losses that you did 2 weeks ago, probably more, and I am not happy about it..I know John L is not happy about it...But I am looking for any sign that says they have lost respect for me or taken my dignity..At some point, we have to stop acting like this is a conspiracy created by the evil empire designed to crush you and get on with turning this ship around..
By all means, if you want to go make 16-17 an hour and have your new boss worship the ground you walk on, please, have at it...don't hold your breath too long on the worship part, but I am sure the 16-17 an hour is out there..With all the great bennies you have lost, and all the vacation time you have earned..

Here we go, another employee who is just not happy. I've been reading posts and have been quiet but let me say a few things. Yes, the economy is still bad. I've been employed with Conway for 7 years now and it's not a bad gig. Where can you make the money you're making now. I know from experience that this is the best paying job I have ever had. Linehaul, you may drive 8-10 hours sitting on your butt and then on the dock for 3 hours working. Not bad, I think. Since being employed, yes we have lost a lot of bennies but we still don't have it so bad. I personally have gotten the Quarterly Leader Award and The President Award cause I have worked above and beyond most other drivers. This job has gotten me further along than any previous jobs I have ever had. I hope things get better and I am sure they will, it will only take some time. If the drivers on this board would only look into positive instead of the negitive we could be better in all areas including our personal lives as well. I have been on the flex board 6 1/2 out of 7 years and it's not all that fun juggling my hours but my wife and I make due. Sure I wish I could have a steady bid but I don't and I do deal with it. I am very happy being employed here with Conway. By the way I am not no a##kisser, I just do my job as I am supposed to.
There are 20,000 employees that have not receive that award. Many of them joined this company and made a commitment when it was a little risky and the vast majority of those have not yet receive that award. I can think of countless people that have gone above and beyond the call of duty and not received that award. Others have made sacrifices that are not typical for an employee and none of those that I know personally have received that award. There are those that in spite of Conway being Conway approach there daily work with a smile and a can-do attitude; no award. And I've known several that kiss butt and they too have not received that award. Almost forgot to mention the employee that all of the before mentioned criteria and, you guessed it - not even a nomination. What did you do different? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm guilty and have not nominated anyone as I feel that fundamental ataboys at the lowliest level (my level) are far more effective and way cheaper.

Kind sir, I'm truly happy that you have been employed with Con-way for 7 years now.
I'm thrilled to death that you are so very understanding about the loss of some "bennies".
I hope that you still have that same "Leave it to Beaver" attitude when the company takes more of your "bennies" if you are so lucky to still be employed here.
I myself have been here over 3 times as long as you and am so very tired of hearing about how great we have it. ( Does the comment of "at least we still have a job" remind you of finger-nails on a chalkboard?) At one time we had it very good here. Back when we had a pension, paid sick days, 2 more paid holidays than we do now, (we lost President's Day & Labor Day), uniform service, no sub-service carriers, the list can and unfortunately will go on & on. So get back to me in 15 years and let me know how good things are going. Also, congrats on all of your neat awards.

Kind sir, I'm truly happy that you have been employed with Con-way for 7 years now.
I'm thrilled to death that you are so very understanding about the loss of some "bennies".
I hope that you still have that same "Leave it to Beaver" attitude when the company takes more of your "bennies" if you are so lucky to still be employed here.
I myself have been here over 3 times as long as you and am so very tired of hearing about how great we have it. ( Does the comment of "at least we still have a job" remind you of finger-nails on a chalkboard?) At one time we had it very good here. Back when we had a pension, paid sick days, 2 more paid holidays than we do now, (we lost President's Day & Labor Day), uniform service, no sub-service carriers, the list can and unfortunately will go on & on. So get back to me in 15 years and let me know how good things are going. Also, congrats on all of your neat awards.

THANK YOU !

Very well stated post .

Glad to read that some here can remember .

Just4Thought

I have been here for almost 20 years myself. I have won the QLA, and I take pride in what I do. Am I happy about all the recent cuts, no I am not. But I'm making the best of the situation. I don't remember ever having President's Day off, and we have off Labor Day 9/7/2009. As for the sick day garbage, that was Friday's and Monday's off so Joe Blow could go fishing or to the beach. Maybe 1 in 5 people were actually sick. The system was okay, but it was abused way too often. I'm happy with the pto thing, that's 5 more days off. It's alright Beave, we're not all pissed off.

I work my butt of for this company and I get it done. But do they show respect no they put more on me. If you work hard for this company they put more on you. But do we get any rewards no only if you got a good T.M. will it be noticed my T.M. Is only about what makes him look good. I would of been ok with paycut but they took to much. And taking vacation that we already acrrued without paying us the differece. And seeing other carriers haul our freight that puts our drivers out of work. Don't think you are the only one that works hard here cause your not we have alot of good guys here. They are tired of loosing benifits every year.

Don't recall ever having President's day, and I still take every Labor Day off, as I suspect you do as well...I know this because I usually labor at home on that day..She doesn't see it as my holiday...perhaps that may be the source of your confusion.

unless your in jail and your inmate is significantly larger than you in physical size.

he wont wait for your permission..

Not true...you simply request that he leave your dignity and respect intact, despite the fact that other things may not be when he is done...

That just didn't come out right...oh well, I'll let it stand..