SEFL | Looking To Possibly Work For Sefl

If you plan on walking in the door and going straight to linehaul, your best possible bet would probably be one of the Atlanta service centers. Even then, you'd probably be a combo guy.
ATL is the place to apply if you want linehaul immediately. They have to force city drivers into linehaul to cover runs. Very few want linehaul outta there because it’s inconsistent. Too few miles bouncing around the 4 Atlanta terminals. You only go on the clock after an hour waiting for a load to pull

Linehaul at sefl is different than p&d. Seniority still counts in linehaul whereas city drivers get their seniority mocked on a regular basis. Because linehaul goes by seniority, the senior guys get the good long runs and new hires have to take what’s left. Linehaul bids every 6 months. City never bids thanks to the new VPs the owners installed after the old guard retired. Linehaul is run like p&d used to be managed because it’s controlled out of the central office instead of the individual terminals like city ops is.
Could be worse. I could work for aaa cooper or central or saia or xpo or averitt. Let’s see... anyone left I didn’t tick off?

That doesn't surprise me. It is pretty hard to walk into DFL and go right into linehaul. Its It's usually a system bid where you stay out all week or a combo.
What does a combo job entail? Our combos help finish city pickups then do short linehaul at the end of the night.
Do you have anything like a system or what Estes calls extraboard where you stay out all week?

Oh man thats cool, I have heard great things about DFL, I would definitely like for them to expand to Texas as I been told about their good reputation.

As far as what you asking I dont know which terminal would be your best bet to run linehaul. Im about to start with southeastern hopefully soon as I got laid off from another LTL carrier so hopefully once im in I will learn the ins and out of southeastern.

Yes DFL is a great company to work for. The only reason I am considering going to SEFL is because of location. I dont know if DFL will ever go that far South because of the great relationship they have with SEFL. Dalton Georgia is as far South so far. I'm pretty sure they will keep expanding west. They are in Witchita , Topeka, and Omaha now.