R&L | Looks like the RL-YRC guys got what they wanted a non-union employee base

Daycab6

TB Lurker
Credits
WoW .25 cents after 3 years but don't forget to check the extra charges slots, lets not forget the 7% plus rate raise we just put into effect, Can you all really tell me its not time to really talk UNION , I hate the union but I have a family to feed and a extra $10 bucks a week on 40 hours don't help , 17 years I have been with the company , why please tell me do we hire people from a failing company to run ours? We was doing fine just as we was , oh I get it the Roberts clan made their money and as long as the check is in the bank every friday they don't care how these idiots run us into the ground, and if any traitor to the real R&L carriers want to tell me were to go , I was here working my ass off before these RL-YRC buffoons come here, Bring Back SR, bring back Tom fire these yrc guys and send them back to the failing company they came from, we all are thinking it its time for action before they destroy this company and we have nothing and they have a nice BIG golden parachute to land with.

I've worked for worse, come to think of it ...... a LOT worse. I've also worked for the best, but due to the economy they aren't around anymore. Been around the block many times and without wanting to start an argument here, and this is MY opinion and MY view. The union won't do me any good. On the management end. They were bozos at YRC, and they will still be bozos here. Learn to deal with it, or not. It's your choice. You can look for greener pastures on the other side of the fence or you can continue to do your job. When the economy tanked, the trucking industry took a giant step backwards of about 15 years. I don't know how your terminal is treating you, but so far MKH and I are getting along. When that changes, I'll move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never have people initial those extra service boxes. Send a shipment to a Person's name with call before delivery written on the bill should be flag to automatically add Liftgate and residential delivery to it. Not to mention the notification fee.Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Add the charges to it before it leaves the dock and DR is printed. Management doesn't care,just send it out,dont want to lose that customer,he might order something off the internet again in 3 more years and we want his business!!!

it fun that when you get hire here before the yrc people arrive they was NO UNION but now you have them here run the company it they keep running like a union that what going to happen

R&L hired former YRC managers? That is interesting, where did they come from?

R&L hired former YRC managers? That is interesting, where did they come from?
well not the yrc part directly. mostly we now have an assortment of managers in sales and operations that are either from roadway or yellow, or holland. our president, bob zimmerman was from usf holland. a couple years ago they sent out a newsletter showing all the new people and they listed there former employers and 95% of them were either yellow, roadway or holland

i watch that tv in the break room mr. zimmerman said check the box so they can charge so they can buy new equipment

Ive been talking to them and the reason they are giving me as to why no new equipment is being bought is because the new trucks are unreliable and break due to the heat from the new emissions system. Funny though,I see plenty of those new trucks on the road with various other companies.

Ive been talking to them and the reason they are giving me as to why no new equipment is being bought is because the new trucks are unreliable and break due to the heat from the new emissions system. Funny though,I see plenty of those new trucks on the road with various other companies.
they must not realize that we actually READ and TALK to other people.
its just laughable the garbage they put out there.

yep i see them too. usually when they are passing me.

they have anwer for everthing about new truck when they brought the mack they got them because they got a good deal because the company who order them didnt want them engine to small that what i heard anyway. ups order them u can save fuel with them with the weight we pull and they got internatioal that use to run linehaul only run local now same problem

they have anwer for everthing about new truck when they brought the mack they got them because they got a good deal because the company who order them didnt want them engine to small that what i heard anyway. ups order them u can save fuel with them with the weight we pull and they got internatioal that use to run linehaul only run local now same problem
yeah ive heard that about the macks also.
nothing but probs from the first week they got them. garbage that could NEVER pull its own weight.
if you are gona get a used fleet for p&d operations, that is fine, and i can even understand it. but when you are gona run them on linehaul at about 1500-2500 miles a week approx just for the linehaul side of it, well that is just dumb, and short sighted

1500-2500 a week? Man, between me and the driver I share my truck with,
we're putting about 5500 miles a week on a 2004....

It may run alright now, but at that kinda pace, it's not gonna last forever..

1500-2500 a week? Man, between me and the driver I share my truck with,
we're putting about 5500 miles a week on a 2004....

It may run alright now, but at that kinda pace, it's not gonna last forever..
i said just the linehaul part was 1500-2500 a week, and like i said, these trucks will be ok just for p&d, but to NOT buy any new trucks doesnt seem like smart thinking, or a good sign.