ABF | Looks Like We Lost

Lady Trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Local driver voted no , Road driver vote yes. To bad for us. Just can't wait to see the changes. What ya beg we don't like them!!

Local driver voted no , Road driver vote yes. To bad for us. Just can't wait to see the changes. What ya beg we don't like them!!
From what I been reading I would think the yes votes were local and the No votes were road.
I think the company thats gonna make the biggest changes is Yellow.Those guys are already going for a ride and the contract isn't even confirmed yet. I'm afraid a lot of guys are gonna lose their jobs in the near future unless these companys can make the utility driver something that works .Trouble is these big Corporations really could care less about the workers.All they care about is bottom line figures that look good to the shareholders. Good or bad time will tell.

well boys, I voted no here at holland local 600
so I guess Im one of the 86 of the no vote out of whatever number voted. From what ive seen, alot of people must have been lieing to me about voting no because you can bet your arse there were a lot more than 86 people I talked to or heard from that said they were voteing no!!!I smell something!!!!

Its funny to read about all the big mouths who say "IM VOTING NO" but when the ballots get to their house they change there mind!!! I just hope I dont have to read 5 years of complaining, from the same people who voted "yes"......

The Unionized freight lost many years ago. First it was the goverment and deregulation.
Second was good companies could not or would not compete and closed their doors.
Now it's a poor economy,bad goverment,and low cost labor.
So on the bright side I have a job that I think will last.

My own personal opinion is that we didn't lose. I wanted more, but, the pension financial protections, and some stronger grievance language, I'll settle for.

BTW, If I have to eat crow later, I like mine Bar-B-Qued.

We lost the day that UPSF/Overnite was given their own contract instead of being included in the NMFA

My own personal opinion is that we didn't lose. I wanted more, but, the pension financial protections, and some stronger grievance language, I'll settle for.

BTW, If I have to eat crow later, I like mine Bar-B-Qued.

I have to agree. I also hoped for a little more, but when I stop to look at what we got, it's hard to feel let down. We have a raise coming, no matter what anyone says, we have wonderful health coverage and it's paid for by the company and we have a very good pension which is also Paid for by the company. Yeah, I would like to have a better pension, but I think what we have is better than anyone else in trucking? I guess I can live with UE's running all around. Not by choice on my part, but I will learn to deal with it. Overall, I think we are in pretty good shape.
Make that a crow dinner for 2 mikey, if it comes down to it.

We lost the day that UPSF/Overnite was given their own contract instead of being included in the NMFA

Amen to that brother. But who do we blame for that? I think the teamsters that sold us all down the drink for their own existence.:hide:

at this point in time if you voted yes or no its over and done with now is the time to hold to and police and enforce the contract and hold the company to this agreement bottom line if you are working be thankfull seems alot of teamsters are not did we lose on work rules yes but who likes change the main thing is we still have the best medical a good pension pay wise overtime after eight sick time personial days and vacation that all non union can only dream of in closing half full

Amen to that brother. But who do we blame for that? I think the teamsters that sold us all down the drink for their own existence.

That day was an historic day. UPSF is not the greatest contract NOW, but, you guys have the opportunity to make a far better contract the next go around. When you keep a track of what works for you, and see what you dont like in the NMFA, you won't have to bargain to get the crap out, or be stuck with it.

Lost, I really don;t think you lost. Good leadership, starting with good stewards, and business agents, and the experience of both the NMFA and the UPSF national language, has the potential of making that the best labor contract in history. Keep a journal of the daily goings on, grievances, management dealings and problems. A few words or sentences is all. Keep the faith 2631 and skeeter, your day was not lost, the best days are yet to come.:1036316054:

mikey 2631 works for ABF.

I guess I should have said "we" because it really isn't "you guys", it's "we". We are all in this together, and that includes you there Mr. Retirement, because your experience over the years is invaluable to new guys and those of us who need the input from the guys like you that have "been there". You better not stop going to Union meetings. We need you there.

While in reality UPS, after some time probably will be on their own pension nationwide, I think possible in the next 10 years. These UPSF guys will have the opportunity to make adjustments ahead of the package division.

Believe it are not mikey I have told several of my former "Fellow Employees" that I was just as concerned with this contract as any of them that are still there working. They actually seemed surprised when I said it.

Believe it are not mikey I have told several of my former "Fellow Employees" that I was just as concerned with this contract as any of them that are still there working. They actually seemed surprised when I said it.

Oh I believe you. My fellow steward retired about eight months ago. He was a steward for 25 years or better. I always appreciate the input he has when I have an issue. He also hasn't missed a Union meeting. The best thing he did for himself was retire. He looks better and feels better, and I hope he is around for a long time.

not me.....

I'm not a bit surprised. you are every bit involved with us as you ever were. They guys down at your place are lucky to have you around. And we are just as lucky to have you here on the boards!

I been around this Union for a little while. This contract will tick people off for awhile, we just gotta watch these assfaces to make sure they don't take this thing to the line and cross over the line.
The effen line has been drawn, and management is already scheming to eff us over. You can take this to the bank. They aint happy gettin this run up their flagpole, and Howdy and his circus of idiots want the flagpole run up our butts.

So, how do we handle this? File grievance about every little minor infraction. If they look at you funny, talk out of place, and its against the agreement, file.

File File File File........they call you one min before your rest is up file. forget to pay a quarter hour ......file......

the only way to enforce and retain our rights..