Yellow | Looming digital regulation has U.S. truck industry scrambling

GREEN BAY, Wisc. (Reuters) - A new regulation that will force U.S. trucking companies to electronically log employee hours is designed to limit accidents by keeping tired drivers off the road.

It may also drive smaller trucking firms out of business.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/looming-d...k-industry-scrambling-120516529--finance.html
Read the article, and some of the comments. Some very interesting views in the comments. My own belief right now is, I do not think all small and independents will install this technology by the end of next year. Some may just fold, but think some are also hoping for a reprieve with a new administration coming in. Also think the Independents Assn will try and get an injunction, or delay the deadline. Guess we will know more in 2017.

Testing is currently being done by drivers in Kansas City. These devices will also incorporate the next generation of "Intermetrics" or hand held device as well.

Read the article, and some of the comments. Some very interesting views in the comments. My own belief right now is, I do not think all small and independents will install this technology by the end of next year. Some may just fold, but think some are also hoping for a reprieve with a new administration coming in. Also think the Independents Assn will try and get an injunction, or delay the deadline. Guess we will know more in 2017.
Already in court.Ooida and other entities are protesting on behalf of at least one or more issues dealing with invasion of privacy but not limited to just invasion of privacy