ABF | Lost Vacation

A little tough to read RR and I can't get it bigger, it sends me to a photo share site. But it looks like anniversary date before 4/1 loses nothing until next year while those after lose it already.
Thanks for that memo.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on posting the memo but it says that as long as you started to ACCRUE your vacation before April 1, 2013 you will get your full vacation one more time. For example, if your anniversary date is March 31 you will get all of your vacation to use in 2014. If your anniversary date is April 1 you will have one less week of vacation to use in 2014.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on posting the memo but it says that as long as you started to ACCRUE your vacation before April 1, 2013 you will get your full vacation one more time. For example, if your anniversary date is March 31 you will get all of your vacation to use in 2014. If your anniversary date is April 1 you will have one less week of vacation to use in 2014.
That memo was drawn up on May 31st 5 months before ratification which was enough time accrue your vacation for this year.

Having your 60% in for the year does not affect whether or not you get your vacation reduced. That only matters if you are wanting to borrow vacation from the next year, you must have worked 60% of the year first. In figuring out whether or not your vacation is reduced per the new contract language it only matters whether or not you started to ACCRUE your vacation before April 1,2013. I'm assuming that is what you meant when you said 5 months was enough time to accrue vacation.

Both are good points. I'm sure we will see this one play out and end up with an official decision.

Also,, I don't know how or why vacation is an issue,,, Once you have worked 60% of a year, you are entitled to a vacation... As long as 10% of the seniority list is not on vacation it is yours.. I guess it is 60% of 2 years for a newer guy with a week,, but I see vacation signups and guys think they have to sign up when its posted.. B.S.!!!! I mean in small barns!!! Not just large ones where I know seniority matters on vacations..

To say July on pay increases or any other aspect of this contract is wrong and irresponsible!! Not true... Always retro to April 1
Because our scumbag union officials threw us under the bus once again!!!! Cant wait to see what the new yrc proposal looks like.... Its all about the dues....

for the union to have even offered up my vacation without the company asking for it, burns my a@#$%%^. working 50-60 hr weeks and they see fit that i don"t need that week. I went from 2 to 1 week for another 2 years. how is that eaqual for a driver with 5-6 weeks and they lost one. seems losing my one week hurts alot more than a driver with 5-6 coming to him. but then again the yes voters decided my fate. was handed a paper after this POS was approved and told anything after April 1st you lost a week, but the pay reduction didn"t go into effect until the first pay period. if all aspects of the contract didn"t go into effect until the contract was aproved, why the retroactive of the vacation to April 1st ? another handshake between the company and the IBT ?

I stand corrected and apologize!!!
Contract reads as follows:

Accordingly, raises come July 1, 2014.

That tells me that if your anniversary date falls before April 1, 2013 you don't lose a week until next year. Otherwise you're out one.

Disgruntled Teamster,,, This is all about us voting down the first 15% concession proposal years go. All the money we have cost ABF in Legal fees, and the BIG MAKEUP!!! We are al playing nice now,, Magically Lawsuit has been dropped?? HMM!! Not that they could win anyway, but it was costing both sides... IBT still had to pay legal fees... as well!!! So this is all Tysons and Hoffas FU to us all... 4 more years to educate YES voters...