Yellow | LOU's

silvertooth

TB Lurker
Credits
Side-Letters to the Master Freight Agreement | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Am I to understand that if the Central states pension were to require a surcharge from the company that money would come out of the H&W allocated to all members not just members of that particular fund?

On page seven of the pdf the payments the TMI carriers make for hauling loads via a non-union "preferred Carrier" those are to go to the Central States? Why? What about other pension funds?

I have heard that this fund pays full medical benefits for its retirees, is that true?

Thanks Silvertooth. Prior to the contract being voted on, we were given this information in an offhand manner, so as not to draw undue attention except for those who actually wanted to know what the contract really said. I have been telling people for months now this was a part of the contract and is why I and hundreds of others voted NO and have not worked since the new contract was enacted. You are making it simple for them to reference that I have been correct. Even though some will adamantly deny putting their brothers out of a job would have changed their vote, it at least will silence all claiming it wasn't a part of the contract they voted for.