XPO | lunch b4 8 hrs

Zipper

TB Lurker
Credits
So i understand we may not be on hook time after the 8 hr. in the yard with out have shown a half hr. break b4 hand @ the f.a.c. "behind the wheel". Then why can we break our set in the yard after our 14 th hour "behind the wheel" at home domicile ? food 4 thought

That makes no sense at all. 30-minute break should be off-duty, so you should be doing NO work. You can work as long as you'd like after your 14th hour as long as you're not "driving", although technically any time spent behind the controls of the truck are to be logged on line 3. We go to on-duty on the computer when breaking down/hooking at OD, and can stay on line 4 as long as we don't drive over 2 miles.

So i understand we may not be on hook time after the 8 hr. in the yard with out have shown a half hr. break b4 hand @ the f.a.c. "behind the wheel". Then why can we break our set in the yard after our 14 th hour "behind the wheel" at home domicile ? food 4 thought

we were told we dont have to take a 30 min break before our 8 was up, they said we're exempt in the city operation in fact we are told to take our break after we get in from our peddle runs. sometimes its past our 10th hour we're told to clock out for 30 mins then back on then back off and go home!

we were told we dont have to take a 30 min break before our 8 was up, they said we're exempt in the city operation in fact we are told to take our break after we get in from our peddle runs. sometimes its past our 10th hour we're told to clock out for 30 mins then back on then back off and go home!

Which is against company policy. Policy states city drivers are to take their lunch between their 4th and 6th hour on duty, not when it suits the supervisors. Which ours forgot all about when it didn't help them out.

Which is against company policy. Policy states city drivers are to take their lunch between their 4th and 6th hour on duty, not when it suits the supervisors. Which ours forgot all about when it didn't help them out.

you can. d.o.t. says you have to have the 30 min. break before driving.. I do it all the time

we r told hooking our set is driving, so we must take lunch first, then hook, because we are behind the wheel while hooking. but we havent left the yard yet. i understand taking it b4 geten back on the road.

That is some BS right there driver. Its YOUR lunch, not theirs. I take my lunch every single day at some point after my 4th hour. I like to take MY lunch break about my 8th hour because thats when I need to recharge my brain. Do not ever let FOS in dispatch push you around when it comes to YOUR time. You can take YOUR break when you want to and there is nothing they can do about it.

That is some BS right there driver. Its YOUR lunch, not theirs. I take my lunch every single day at some point after my 4th hour. I like to take MY lunch break about my 8th hour because thats when I need to recharge my brain. Do not ever let FOS in dispatch push you around when it comes to YOUR time. You can take YOUR break when you want to and there is nothing they can do about it.

And if you don't get a lunch, make sure to make them fill out a lunch exception form so you don't get docked 30 min.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

And if you don't get a lunch, make sure to make them fill out a lunch exception form so you don't get docked 30 min.

Good advice, that being said, I always take my lunch because its MINE. Lunch time is my second favorite part of the day after quitting time.

Yeah I tried to tell my FOS this... that didn't go very far. Talked to the TM about it, got just as far with him. Regional manager didn't really want to hear about it either. It always seemed that nobody was giving enough and more must be sacrificed for blessed Con-way.

I SEE A COACHING SESSION IN YOUR FUTURE DRIVER, BRING SOME KY JELLY AND YOU'll be fine. Good Luck

they wont pay us for our lunch here, they just tell us to take it at the sc then go home.

When I was city, I made sure to get my break when I wanted it. If I missed a pickup or delivery, that's just tough titty, driver.

you were told wrong. lunch needs to be taken for city between your 6th and 8th hour

No, lunch on the p&d operation is to be taken between the 4th and 6th hour, if a break at that time is not feasible or available to the driver, he is to contact dispatch and request a "No Lunch" punch on kronos. Been this way for at least the 10 years I have been here.