FedEx Freight | Lunch Breaks

you say you have called hr to report dispatcher he will find out its you and your name is mr crap pick-up,food warehouse delivery, inside delivery and any other crap they can give you to make your day miserable. some here say that wont happen i have a turnip truck for sale cheap!

excuse me mr admin i see you got a promotion do we bow to you mighty stack,salute you maybe, well anything you want sir :butt kiss: so now i see you want to buy a quality turnip truck lets make a deal :funky:

It's all part of my climb to the U.S. Presidency.

:USA: ''Smokestack for President 2008''
:USA:

It's all part of my climb to the U.S. Presidency.

:USA: ''Smokestack for President 2008''
:USA:

have you informed mr jeff about your climb to the top have him get his hard hat on maybe something for you to grab as you crawl over him :hide:
just go for the white house pass the old guy and the bimbo who wants to be a guy in real life hope she doesnt meet monica lewinsky cause its going to have to be real sex this time you can beat em smoke :smilie_132::

Just wondering if linehaul in California is mileage or hourly.
If its hourly then I understand, but since I dont think you guys work the dock and if your paid by the mile then the mandatory lunch doesnt make sense, does that mean all truckers have to stop and take a lunch in california...even big trucks? I thought there was a loophole for mileage paid drivers that travel outside a 100 mile radius of their domicile in the FLSA?

Just wondering if linehaul in California is mileage or hourly.
QUOTE]

We get paid mileage for the trip, but houtly for everything once we depart the yard. ie: chain delay, road delay, and what ever else comes up.That seems to be the whole thing about this lawsuit. Hourly employees are pais for their pretrip (p&d). We are paid hourly on some things, and mileage on others. Some drivers wanted paid for their pretrip. It seems we are paid by the way that is best for the company, Surprise, surprise. They did change our vacation pay a few years back, thank God, but not Holiday or A.D.D. pay. Lawers on BOTH sides are going to screw this up for all of us.

Phone Number

Out here (the West), they have a phone number and a email address for our opinions on the lunches/breaks. Mine is in there. I hope others submit theirs, too. Breaks being offered are one thing. Taking them should be opional, especially for line drivers. Different animals from P/d. Snapshot will not look as good when transit times increase to reflect new rules. No choice in this. So much for the Purple Promise about every experience being outstanding

How far out west? Could you send me the number in a private message?

Thanks.

How far out west? Could you send me the number in a private message?

Thanks.

Yes I will, but I'm in OR, and you're in SEA, so it should be posted at your service center , just as it was in ours. Look in your breakroom right by the computor for line drivers. I'll look for the number here at home, and if I don't have it, will get it when I go out Monday and send it to you when I get home on Wednesday.

Everything is just getting so scary these days. What in the world happened to common sense, safety,good judgement, and driver discretion?

I may not want to stop and take a lunch beak for various legitimate reasons. I may want to reserve my time in case I get tired, hungry, sleepy, sick, or need to go to the rest room. I may not need to stop at all. I may be trying to get on back to beat traffic, to get the freight back, to get on to the house or soccer game or whatever. Please don't dictate to me when to stop and take a break. I thought the Federal Government wanted drivers to have options and choices to better serve the safety of the driver and motoring public. If I need to stop, I will. If I am forced to stop when I do not need to, then later down the highway, I need to stop and do not really have the time left to do so, then I am not operating the vehicle to the best of my ability. Give me a break, OR NOT!!