Holland | Major Announcement Monday?????

Full House

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm hearing from a very strong source that, there is supposed to be some big news on Monday, 10/1....anyone know what's up?...could this be the DHL thingy rearing it's ugly head again?

I'm hearing from a very strong source that, there is supposed to be some big news on Monday, 10/1....anyone know what's up?...could this be the DHL thingy rearing it's ugly head again?

How come it is always next month:chairshot: but next month never seems to get here :hysterical: :hysterical:

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST:

Senior Management Team

Jim Staley, President & CEO
Bob Obee, SVP-Ops Planning & Strategy
David Kramer, SVP-Sales & Marketing
Jeff Rogers, CFO
Wayne Davis, VP-Human Resources

Akron Headquarters
YRC Regional Transportation
3517 Embassy Parkway
Akron, OH 44333
(330) 762-2041 Phone
(330) 258-6251 Fax
Genevieve Silveroli, VP-Legal
Steve Gast, President-New Penn
Gary Pruden, President-USF Glen Moore
Benny Hill, President-USF Holland
T.J. O'Connor, President-USF Reddaway

As the new President of USF Holland I plan on getting rid of unnecessary costs and I plan on changing only a few rules:

1. Any and all supervision will be eliminated.
2. Smoking will be permitted any where that someone wants to smoke.
3. There will be a limit of only eight (8) beers per driver in an eight hour shift. (Dock men are still on an unlimited amount)
4. The headlights on all forklifts will be removed and night vision goggles will be issued to all dockworkers.
5. Everybody will be paid for forty regular hours and twenty overtime hours each week. (that means don't sit around trying to get more hours, get it done in less time than sixty hours and go home}
6. I will have a closed door policy, that means that I won't be in my office. If you really need something just call the clubhouse and they can reach my beer cart drivers cell phone.

I look forward to drawing a paycheck for as long as this gig lasts and then move on to the next one.

Peace, your leader, President B. Hill

i agree with everything. except for the night vision goggles since they already will have their beer goggles on. trying to help ya keep expenses down.:smilie_132:

I posted in the Roadway board what I thought DHL stood for, here it is.

Don’t Haul Ltl!!!! And probably never will, they just want you to think they will.

:smilie_132:

I posted in the Roadway board what I thought DHL stood for, here it is.

Don’t Haul Ltl!!!! And probably never will, they just want you to think they will.

:smilie_132:

Do you know what D H L really stands for? I saw it the other day, its the last names of the three men that started DHL in 1969. I didn't know that.

i agree with everything. except for the night vision goggles since they already will have their beer goggles on. trying to help ya keep expenses down.:smilie_132:

Sounds like a good cost cutting ideal Freightpimp. I'll bring it up at the next Caddies/Board of Directors meeting. Keep the ideals coming, I probably won't listen to them put keep them coming any way. Off to count my/USF's money.

The name

Do you know what D H L really stands for? I saw it the other day, its the last names of the three men that started DHL in 1969. I didn't know that.

DHL started on the West Coast as a small company that transported documents from port to port AHEAD of a ships travels so the paperwork could clear customs ETC. It grew and grew.Bought by The Germans , then they bought AirBorne and several other companies .There was a site on DHL's webite that has the history of the company
DHL | GlobalI couldn't find it right now !

Usf President, Mr. Hill

Benny,

With all dues respected.

I believe we are all grown men and women, thus we do not need the 'beer police' telling us to limit ourselves to 8 beers per shift.

I believe the 8 beer rule shall be suspended until further review of an unlimited beers policy for all employees.

Benny,

With all dues respected.

I believe we are all grown men and women, thus we do not need the 'beer police' telling us to limit ourselves to 8 beers per shift.

I believe the 8 beer rule shall be suspended until further review of an unlimited beers policy for all employees.

Big Rob, I like it when my employees/subjects are thinking. That's exactly what I asked for, with only a very small exception. I didn't say I wanted to HEAR what you were thinking. So as the new Pres/King, I have a decision on this very small problem of you or anyone else going against my official decrees............................ OFF WITH BIG ROB'S HEAD! Everybody else have a nice day. :beerchug:
Pres/King/Dictator B. Hill