FedEx Freight | make sense of this

FLOUNDER

Always LAST
Credits
we added on to our parking lot enough to park about 40 hooked sets, and enough parking for over 100 trailers, the compay is raising rates, we hardly have enough work too keep us busy now. and taking away runs and I am on the bottom. i get frustrated and I may not say it alot but i am worried. i work hard for this company and its getting close too crunch time, and it seems like they dont care how many of us sit at home.

Fedex will not tell us employees anything until they are ready. I work at a satelite terminal with 18 extra pups always on the empty line it has been that way for the last 3 months makes no sense. Why fedex keeps 28 pups here no one knows. (we only work 4 or 5 linehaul from the pool of 6) But Flounder it is a very stressful time now. I have telling my boss we need to do something we are overstaffed. Some people are working 3 days, some 2 and only a few drivers are actually working their hours. But as we all know management is not going to do anything to avoid paying a severance pay would rather see us starve and quit. This is not the same company when I started years ago where they cared about their employees. It is all about the numbers.

I did hear some good news yesterday. Or I hope it's good news, I was told the company has turned the sales people loose and told them to get the freight as long as it's not trash freight.

I did hear some good news yesterday. Or I hope it's good news, I was told the company has turned the sales people loose and told them to get the freight as long as it's not trash freight.
OLD NEWS
O.K. all you guys and gals in sales ... tell all your customers that we are raising their rates and we will take all the freight they can give us, except for their trashy stuff. They have been "turned loose" and doing that all along. Before the merge even. What they need to do is tell the customers, if you stick with us I will personally keep your freight from being destroyed enroute. Also unlike the rest of the industry we will hold your current rate for another 90 days if you can increase your volume. At that point we will negotiate a new rate.

I did hear some good news yesterday. Or I hope it's good news, I was told the company has turned the sales people loose and told them to get the freight as long as it's not trash freight. Oops !!! Can someone Delete this one!

we added on to our parking lot enough to park about 40 hooked sets, and enough parking for over 100 trailers, the compay is raising rates, we hardly have enough work too keep us busy now. and taking away runs and I am on the bottom. i get frustrated and I may not say it alot but i am worried. i work hard for this company and its getting close too crunch time, and it seems like they dont care how many of us sit at home.

i almost forgot, we are hiring new dock workers for fulltime also.?????

My crystal ball shows me more contractors and less driver employees in the not so distant future. Hang on tight, we're in for a rough ride!

Dont worry about it. Nothing is true until it happens. Don't get upset with things that you can't change anyways. We are in a tough industry, company has to do what it has to do. PERIOD

I even asked for a buyout since I have been here 10 years plus (did volunteer transfer) with only 2 days working the last couple weeks. In the last 3 months I average 28 hours. The official responce is not layoff anyone and buyout is not possible for the area you are in. Really guys drivers are sitting at home every day and fedex wants to do nothing.....

Although FedEx has it's people first policy, it's not much of a policy. Fred and his upper management team care nothing about their employees but only the numbers they have report to the shareholders. This reconfiguration is going to hit a lot of people hard. They will be very selective with severance packages as they would rather see you starve and quit then pay you the money to leave. FedEx is going to lose a lot of hard working people that have been dedicated to the company for years. I'm just glad I was eligible for severance with the merge and have moved on, of course not making as much money but surely I have job security unlike many of you.

Since when are we permitted to change our screen name as Mr. Flounder did? I also took note that he switched his
aviator from one silly dumdum to yet another similar person of ineptitude.