Yellow | management accountability

Credits
I have been a city driver for 15 years now and have never seen worst management.Our T.M./salesman has sold 1 account in the 16 months that he's been here.In Feb we told his boss D.G. what he wasn't doing as far as sales leads and calling on customers,he of course defended him and hasn't been back.The regional operations boss D.H. had us renting a liftgate for over a year at a cost of 80 a day(it stayed at the term. 24/7).So in a month the cost is 2400 actual cost for a liftgate was a little over 3k total.Its the number playing like this and no accountability forr wasteful management that is sucking our company dry~!Our T.M. left at noon wed. in the company car to go out of state for the holidays......please lets start telling of this and more,we are all in this together and somebody needs to start speaking up....more to follow if a good response is giving.

accountability???? I remember the days a supervisor or dispatch used to ride with a driver to see how his run. Now they don't give a damn about loading a run right, as a city guy also i have to back strip my run to make sure freight is delivered or not back tracking. One supe had the nerve to ask me why I back strip everyday my run wasting company time. My reply was "do you see any returns or freight coming back at night". If a run is loaded right makes a difference whether you get 30 stops off or 12 stops off. Our supervisor on I/B don't check the bills for appts, makes a call to notify b/4 delivery or liftgate delivery required.

Some of these management types couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag
they should take their paycheck and give it back to the company.

accountability???? I remember the days a supervisor or dispatch used to ride with a driver to see how his run. Now they don't give a damn about loading a run right, as a city guy also i have to back strip my run to make sure freight is delivered or not back tracking. One supe had the nerve to ask me why I back strip everyday my run wasting company time. My reply was "do you see any returns or freight coming back at night". If a run is loaded right makes a difference whether you get 30 stops off or 12 stops off. Our supervisor on I/B don't check the bills for appts, makes a call to notify b/4 delivery or liftgate delivery required.

But I bet they are good with their sports betting:TR10driving03:

Some people just never get it. Im sure your not the only one that sees this happening.Its pretty widespread.

I have been a city driver for 15 years now and have never seen worst management.Our T.M./salesman has sold 1 account in the 16 months that he's been here.In Feb we told his boss D.G. what he wasn't doing as far as sales leads and calling on customers,he of course defended him and hasn't been back.The regional operations boss D.H. had us renting a liftgate for over a year at a cost of 80 a day(it stayed at the term. 24/7).So in a month the cost is 2400 actual cost for a liftgate was a little over 3k total.Its the number playing like this and no accountability forr wasteful management that is sucking our company dry~!Our T.M. left at noon wed. in the company car to go out of state for the holidays......please lets start telling of this and more,we are all in this together and somebody needs to start speaking up....more to follow if a good response is giving.

Well, not making excuses, but the folks that have company cars are allowed personal mileage. Aside from that, if he's not putting any effort in then yeah he should be gone. If he putting in the effort and is just striking out thats another story. times are tough, business is down for everyone. our service is horrible, claims are horrible, now the merger and concessions...both of which are going to be used against us in the market place. You dont just walk in somewhere throw out a discount and freight magically appears on the truck.

Ever think of flipping the script on the guy and asking if he would like help setting up the routes? Our system (RAPID) allows changes to the system. Its kind of like a pyramid. it starts at the bottom with zones. every coded customer is attached to a zone. then the zones are attached to a run. It can even be set up in sequence. Its a pain in the @ss to do, but well worth it when you have dispatchers/planners that dont or cant get out to learn while riding with the drivers. Not trying to slam you or anything, just saying theres a better way.

Ever think of flipping the script on the guy and asking if he would like help setting up the routes? Our system (RAPID) allows changes to the system. Its kind of like a pyramid. it starts at the bottom with zones. every coded customer is attached to a zone. then the zones are attached to a run. It can even be set up in sequence. Its a pain in the @ss to do, but well worth it when you have dispatchers/planners that dont or cant get out to learn while riding with the drivers. Not trying to slam you or anything, just saying theres a better way.

That's all fine and good, but what about the "DOCK", there's a head load that needs to be there by 0800, it is dispatched a 0700 but now there are 7 steps ahead of it, NO way to make it, Why!!! NUMBERSSSSSS!!!!!! It's all ABOUT NUMBERSSSSS!!!!!

beatings.jpg

wow.

look at all of the chronic complainers complaining the same chronic complaints.

hell, i'm just a chronic complainer who complains about chronic complainers.

why not do something about it.

there's a podium at the shareholder's meeting that's there just to address these kind of questions.

as far as hotels go, there's one right around the corner from the glass house that will give any YELLOW employee a discounted rate (wifey and i found this out 4 years ago at xmas time while visiting the grandkids).

i've been threatening to go for a lot of years and if we survive, i'm going next april for sure.

all you got to do is own 1 share and you're in.

you could have gotten one for 1.22 last week, now you have to shell out around 4 bucks.

i'm going to use my time up there to address linehaul equipment and how we can improve it.

so why hang around this message board chronicly complaining and feeding my addiction of complaining about chronic complainers when you can do something effective and constructive.

it should be really easy for KCM and 342 people to be there anyway.

rdwydick

The tools that are given to yellow are not being used by Yellow mgmt.(no planning as drivers usually pick through inbound at E.O.L. like are's and the junior men are left with the crap.As far as sales and sales leads go,are man and his boss just aren't interested in potential business....We have given him contact names and routing info with continous disdain and no follow up.I have lost profitable business to O.D. and Estes and Fed-ex just because he was too sorry to either call the shipping managers back or help them with any problems incurred while we had the accounts....this goes for him and his boss.....enough excuses its time for some sort of accountability within Yellows system to weed out the dead weight....i know for a fact that Roadway would have already corrected this.