ODFL | Mandate?

Ace1982

TB Lurker
Credits
So now that the fda approved this jab…how likely do you guys think itll end up being mandated here at OD? Be bad timing w/ ot @50 right around the corner. If there is a problem with being short on drivers already…id say itll end up being a bigger problem. I hope they dont cause i sure the hell wont be taking it.

So now that the fda approved this jab…how likely do you guys think itll end up being mandated here at OD? Be bad timing w/ ot @50 right around the corner. If there is a problem with being short on drivers already…id say itll end up being a bigger problem. I hope they dont cause i sure the hell wont be taking it.
TM said today that there was a company wide email sent out that stated OD’s stance was it has been and would remain entirely up to the individual employees as to whether they would get it.

The company email is posted in the Dallas Line haul office. It’s talks about FDA approval for the vaccine and then says “Although it currently remains a personal choice that each employee must make and we understand if you choose not too.” Then has a link to look up for facts about the shot.

I’m willing to bet they are playing nice with this issue at the moment. They’re offering $500 bonus to get the shots by September 30th. The second vaccine just submitted everything today for FDA review for full approval and will more than likely be approved soon. This will more than likely become a condition of employment sometime later this year when we slow down, if not by next year. A lot of companies are already requiring you to get the shot as a condition of employment and more will follow unfortunately.

If you go on the ESS and look at the current Covid company policy they made some updates. They now have separate rules for how they handle covid depending on being vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Vaccinated employees no longer need to quarantine in the event of an exposure unless you get tested and show positive due to severe signs or symptoms, but can return to work quickly with a negative test. Employees can return to work right away after testing negative following a positive test result.

Unvaccinated employees are required to report all positive test and exposures. They are required to quarantine following CDC guidelines. Most guys in Dallas are out for several weeks with this rule.

Last edited:
The company email is posted in the Dallas Line haul office. It’s talks about FDA approval for the vaccine and then says “Although it currently remains a personal choice that each employee must make and we understand if you choose not too.” Then has a link to look up for facts about the shot.

I’m willing to bet they are playing nice with this issue at the moment. They’re offering $500 bonus to get the shots by September 30th. The second vaccine just submitted everything today for FDA review for full approval and will more than likely be approved soon. This will more than likely become a condition of employment sometime later this year when we slow down, if not by next year. A lot of companies are already requiring you to get the shot as a condition of employment and more will follow unfortunately.

If you go on the ESS and look at the current Covid company policy they made some updates. They now have separate rules for how they handle covid depending on being vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Vaccinated employees no longer need to quarantine in the event of an exposure unless you get tested and show positive due to severe signs or symptoms, but can return to work quickly with a negative test. Employees can return to work right away after testing negative following a positive test result.

Unvaccinated employees are required to report all positive test and exposures. They are required to quarantine following CDC guidelines. Most guys in Dallas are out for several weeks with this rule.
Where's the covid policy on the ess? I can't find it.

Where's the covid policy on the ess? I can't find
I have a box that says Covid on my ESS that that when clicked will bring you to different OD documents and policy’s for the company. Here’s a screenshot I took of it.

C0C6AFA8-F86D-4865-9306-022C9430CE13.md.png

Last edited:
Tougher than nails I got both my shots no harm done to me and got my 500 bucks other day,,, boy I tell u what was nice the company keep giving me all this money,,

I don’t sell my freedom of choice for no price. The vaccine is a scam. A new booster for every variant. Vaccinated, mask up inside and outside. What a joke.
Nothin new to me driver,, was drafted many years ago never had a choice then but still ticking,, I’m be a healthy driver and trying to live into my 80’s,,,, know many people like you and when that virus hit em it hit em hard so now they ain’t talkin like that no more

Nothin new to me driver,, was drafted many years ago never had a choice then but still ticking,, I’m be a healthy driver and trying to live into my 80’s,,,, know many people like you and when that virus hit em it hit em hard so now they ain’t talkin like that no more
Covid, vaccines, masks are all a scam. I’m not saying that there’s not a virus, but not to the point that the government is saying. The lockdowns, it’s all a Marxist power ideology. You ever hear of antibodies? Research it. Besides I get my produce and some of my meat from the farm. My belief is that everyone needs to be given the choice of getting the vaccine or not. I disagree with government telling me what to do with my body or health.