mbm foodservice distribution

knitetrain

TB Lurker
Credits
Considering a company change and relocation to this company.....I have 8 years driving experieince, mostly in LTL......can anyone out there tell me if they recommend this move?

I can tell you what I have only HEARD! Revolving door of drivers. Have yet to really hear anything good about them. Give a location, we may be able to help you with a diiferent company.

Medow Brook Meat, they do Burger King, I saw one at Chick place today, I saw them at Golden Corral, I met a dude that had been there for 15 years at a backhaul one time, he was out of Ft. Worth TX. IDK much about them other than that, like Double R said, revolving door, but thats foodservice for ya, so many guys get in and find out they can't hang, when all they had to do is suck it up for around the first 3 weeks till their body gets adjusted. After that you have to love or become in love with this business, I can tell you foodservice can and will hand you all the misery you can ever ask for, if thats what you want, just the opposite, it can be the most rewarding job that you can ask for, thats how it is for me...the latter.

Medow Brook Meat, they do Burger King, I saw one at Chick place today, I saw them at Golden Corral, I met a dude that had been there for 15 years at a backhaul one time, he was out of Ft. Worth TX. IDK much about them other than that, like Double R said, revolving door, but thats foodservice for ya, so many guys get in and find out they can't hang, when all they had to do is suck it up for around the first 3 weeks till their body gets adjusted. After that you have to love or become in love with this business, I can tell you foodservice can and will hand you all the misery you can ever ask for, if thats what you want, just the opposite, it can be the most rewarding job that you can ask for, thats how it is for me...the latter.

Most I have to agree with but from what I have been told by some of MBM's drivers and former drivers is the revolving door part is because the way they treat drivers.

I didn't know about that, you know how big companies are, Sysco OK just announced that if we have a property damage accident or a personal injury on the job we will lose our ABC pay for 90 calender days, IDK how the union will recieve this but there is nothing in the contract to that effect.

I can understand the accident thing for a minute but the injury deal, IDK, its not like we ride a desk all day long like the people that come up with this ::shit:: do, I lost count of how many times I have turned my ankle on those old deep ribbed floor trailers, things happen in this kind of work, its just punishment, plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to get on there last summer and I'm glad I didnt because I really like working for Gordon Foodservice. You should look into Gordon (GFS) its a great company and they treat you pretty good