Mclane @ Walmarts

Stan Smith

TB Regular
Credits
Are they like Walmart drivers now? They pull up and get right in. Bumping whoever if in the dock.

Driver tells me they used to be owned but Walmart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also was told that Walmart owned them at one time and they are now owned by Warren Buffet don't if that is true or not. As far as bumping ahead for delivering I suspect that their dock time is scheduled, with routes scheduled as tight as they are waiting for a door isn't possible, I would think its part of the business/sales contract that they get a door when they arrive. Just a guess.

I also was told that Walmart owned them at one time and they are now owned by Warren Buffet don't if that is true or not. As far as bumping ahead for delivering I suspect that their dock time is scheduled, with routes scheduled as tight as they are waiting for a door isn't possible, I would think its part of the business/sales contract that they get a door when they arrive. Just a guess.

Now that you mention it, I was told about Buffet owning them too. I ran into a team at one store. They were tellimg me how good of money you COULD make if you hustle and keep moving.

As I watched them run around like the anxiety animals all I could think is people will kill themselves and settle for a horrible quality of life for a little of money.

Every time see them drivers there always freaking out.

McLane is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, they used to be owned by Wal-mart, prior to that they were owned by the McLane family iirc. The have a grocery side and a foodservice side. The grocery side does Walmart, walgreens, 7-eleven among several others. If you saw them @ walmart, they were probably delivering candy. I've heard (on the forums, never met any mclane grocery drivers personally) that they're paid hourly and they do single and team routes.

They advertise for drivers alot here, I see them delivering to convenient stores alot, looks like they run a driver and a helper together. Their ad says 55k- 75k

They do run teams, I know on the long routes one delivers and ones in the berth ( wink wink), the driver I talked to worked 4 days a week but that included getting back from a run and grabbing a fresh trailer switching spots and heading right back out.

I never let those guys bump me out of a dock when I'm at Wal Mart or Target.. Yeah they get mad but hey, when I'm waiting on a dock for 45 min. to an hour and one finally opens up and a McLane truck pulls up, there's no way I'm letting them in front of me! Pretty much the only guys that have first priority are wal mart drivers, or greatwide who contracts for wal mart..atleast it's that way in Texas anyway.

The other day I was docked at Alberson's and a PFG truck pulls up, parks in front of the docks and blocks ALL of them. Unloads with his dolly while I'm sitting there in my truck waiting on him to move so I could leave. He was only 5 minutes but when he came out he simply said "my bad". LOL. Then I looked across the street and there was a Sysco truck pulling into the Original Pancake House making a delivery. Told myself that would be me one day!