Holland | Meeting Info

Teamster251

TB Regular
Credits
Just so you all know, I was informed on the Saturday meeting results by an employee of Lincon RI terminal shortly ago via PM.

Meeting held with Sec/Tres Stu M. Local 251
27 city drivers, 12 Road drivers
21 cards signed.

It has been determined that Overnite employees will keep their Overnite pension.
Upon becoming Teamster the proposal is 3 for 1. That's right, 3 years credit for one year served. That will mean for every year that is paid into the pension for you, you will receive three pension fund credit. You must however contribute for five years (actual) to be vested. For the many former Teamster at Lincoln this is a winfall and a no-brainer.
One individual walked out of meeting stating he is retiring in 4 years and doesn't want to put in the additional year and be part of the Teamsters

New TM is used to working in a union enviroment along with the inbound Super Harvey C.

Conference call meeting is on either Tuesday or Wednesday and I will be give more info. I have also been invited to their next meeting with the Local.

As always I support all those individauls out here that are striving to make their lives a better place to live and work.

No mention of the NMFA or if an agreement will be reached seperatly. If an agreement is reached seperatly it will probally be better than the NMFA. I see UPS giving you a higher pension contribution and rate of pay.

Stay tuned T251