Yellow | meets and turns

Cols Travelers

Old Timer
Credits
It's been nearly 2 weeks with the new process...........
How are the meets and turns working at your terminals? Can't get dispatchers or linehaul folks to give opionions (I suspect it's not good).
CVE/RFO haven't put out a bid list for these meets and turns (unlike other terminals). Looking for updates people!

meet and turn

working great here in PDU.

nice easy daylight run.

nobody to bother and nobody bothers us.

traffic and hills are a breeze even while grossing 79,500.

cool thing is meeting the same guys daily so OD-199s are filled out right, not like the blind date crapola i was used to while doing snow shoe turns for 12 years.

if anybody has complaints with this setup look in the mirror.

KY for that slippery stimulation.

How are the meets and turns working at your terminals? Can't get dispatchers or linehaul folks to give opionions (I suspect it's not good).
CVE/RFO haven't put out a bid list for these meets and turns (unlike other terminals). Looking for updates people!
There is a list of meet turns at CVE. I can't tell you if it's a bid list or not, but there's a list. I read it the day before the meet turns started. I have asked several of our meet turn drivers at STL and they say it's going well, no problems at all.

Wish I could say our meet and turn was going well. We meet ( DAL ) at Checotah OK (CHO). I think they ( DAL ) have been close to being on time once in 3 weeks. Normally I wait at least an hour, other guy has waited as long as 6 hours on DAL to get there, just barely getting back on his 14 th hour .
Maybe there is a few bugs left to be worked out, but all in all it's a good deal in my opinion. Hope it all works out for the best, and doesn't get screwed up.

Wish I could say our meet and turn was going well. We meet ( DAL ) at Checotah OK (CHO). I think they ( DAL ) have been close to being on time once in 3 weeks. Normally I wait at least an hour, other guy has waited as long as 6 hours on DAL to get there, just barely getting back on his 14 th hour .
Maybe there is a few bugs left to be worked out, but all in all it's a good deal in my opinion. Hope it all works out for the best, and doesn't get screwed up.

Scotsman, sorry for the delays, the drivers are rarin to go, but the usual delays in DAL are messing things up. If it's not the yard or dock doing it, it's the Shop, not to mention some of the dispatchers are not that bright!

I do hope it gets better, this is a great opportunity to get more business.

Here's to better days ahead hopefully!:1036316054:

Great question Brother/Sister

I am a CVE Linehaul Pro Driver...(Velocity Driver)...we have 3 (three) boards to bid on...in order of seniority...WEST, EAST, EXTRA. But, it's more complicated than that. The #1 guy can be an extra board driver.. if he/she wants to. Therefore the bids you are speaking of were/have been in place since way before the contract/change of ops was put into place. We can preference a meet/turn/ layover...if you're not from CVE/RFO...I can see where this may be confusing to you.

Again Support local 705 Chicago!

I am a CVE Linehaul Pro Driver...(Velocity Driver)...we have 3 (three) boards to bid on...in order of seniority...WEST, EAST, EXTRA. But, it's more complicated than that. The #1 guy can be an extra board driver.. if he/she wants to. Therefore the bids you are speaking of were/have been in place since way before the contract/change of ops was put into place. We can preference a meet/turn/ layover...if you're not from CVE/RFO...I can see where this may be confusing to you.
Local 705 Chicago is "the way" to go brothers/sisters.:1036316054::smilie_132:

Where I come from

Local 705 Chicago is "the way" to go brothers/sisters.:1036316054::smilie_132:
Let me explain to anyone who doubts the deuce... where I come from... Look at my profile... Hoffa supporter from age 8. My Father was brought home in 1968 one night, (I don't recall the exact time or day...I was only 8 years old) by a Cleveland, Ohio detective after there was a "Wild Cat" strike that he was involved in... Do you know what a Wild Cat Strike is? ...I do...!! (since I was 8 years old)!! My father was following James Hoffa's instructions...NO STRIKE!!! for Freight Teamsters'...Steel Haulers were the ones involved but they were not supposed to strike either. Well, if you know the rest of the story...if not go to the library bro/sis...That's all I will say. Learn the rest from someone else. The people that were there/here when this happened are still here...Managers/dispatchers/yard/dock/driver...they know me because of my dad, and their dad's or they were just there. I know two that were there in the 60's that were and are still in management that are in Camden NJ. Want to know more meet me on private message. I am for keeping the Teamster/Union alive. This is where I come from. Where do you come from?

Scotsman, sorry for the delays, the drivers are rarin to go, but the usual delays in DAL are messing things up. If it's not the yard or dock doing it, it's the Shop, not to mention some of the dispatchers are not that bright!

I do hope it gets better, this is a great opportunity to get more business.

Here's to better days ahead hopefully!:1036316054:

Yarnell17..
Friday went great, They started me 1 hour later, and other driver 2 hours later, I got to CHO, waited about 15 minutes and DAL driver showed up, worked out great, other driver waited about an hour, but all in all Friday was a good day. I am not blaming anyone for drivers being late, I have been in the trucking industry too many years , and understand that there is so many variables, that can put a spanner in the works.
Hope everyone's weekend is going good. Cheers Scotsman.:1036316054:

Yarnell17..
Friday went great, They started me 1 hour later, and other driver 2 hours later, I got to CHO, waited about 15 minutes and DAL driver showed up, worked out great, other driver waited about an hour, but all in all Friday was a good day. I am not blaming anyone for drivers being late, I have been in the trucking industry too many years , and understand that there is so many variables, that can put a spanner in the works.
Hope everyone's weekend is going good. Cheers Scotsman.:1036316054:

Weekend? You mean to tell me you have a weekend now! You must think you've died and gone to heaven. I'm glad for you though, you've earned it.

At CVE/RFO we have no bids for meet and greets according to Mr. Shinny Shoe's our fearless B.A.'s quote: Is that J.C. our linehaul manager is PO'd about is pension being frozen, tears big croc tears. and is refusing to put bids on these runs. Rumor has it that Mr. Shinny Shoe's is going to go over J.C.'s head and go to Overland Park to get bid runs for us. WOW! he hasn't supported us yet our B.A. @ Local 407 must be an election year.