Yellow | Memorial Day Story !!

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
This is a short story about one driver I had the pleasure of knowing . In the early 80's I was working at Roadway and was barely getting two trips a week, a driver that I knew saw me one day and ask if I would like to make some extra money ! I of course said yes ,he had some yard work that needed done and some painting to do . I went to his house and his wife showed me what needed to be done I worked for two days outside cleaning weeding and painting happy to have the work ! On the third day his wife ask my to help her move some furniture inside his den . I had never been inside his den before ,once I got inside the room the first thing I noticed was a picture on the wall of a young ARMY man standing next to Gen Douglas MacArthur who was handing the young man an award ! I ask who's that and she laugh that's Jack from WWII !! She proceeded to tell me the story of Jack and his exploits from WWII . Jack was an Army radio officer who was in charge of sitting up the coastal watch system through out the pacific theater during the war . He was sent into enemy territory by sub and would find local resentences fighters and teach them how to spot Japanese ships and then radio the Americans there location and speed and for this he was awarded numerous medals !! Jack was also among the FIRST AMERICANS to go back to the Philippines and help set up for the return of Gen MacArthur ! He set up freedom fighters and the radio system so the AMERICAN forces would know the location of all Japanese forces !!!! Where you to meet Jack you would never had knowing of his heroics during the war he never talked about it he never bragged or ask of anyone but always did for everyone ! Jack is but one of many GREAT people I have met since working for Roadway now YRC . I have had the pleasure of knowing some GREAT people over the years and from one former Marine WO1 to all of you have a Safe Memorial Day and REMEMBER those who gave the MOST !!!!

P.S Jack M is no longer with us as so many he passed along to the other side . We just lost another hero in Joe B the former TM of Kingman AZ terminal he was a young squad leader from Viet Nam who was also award the Silver Star for saving three Marines from a certain death !

This is a short story about one driver I had the pleasure of knowing . In the early 80's I was working at Roadway and was barely getting two trips a week, a driver that I knew saw me one day and ask if I would like to make some extra money ! I of course said yes ,he had some yard work that needed done and some painting to do . I went to his house and his wife showed me what needed to be done I worked for two days outside cleaning weeding and painting happy to have the work ! On the third day his wife ask my to help her move some furniture inside his den . I had never been inside his den before ,once I got inside the room the first thing I noticed was a picture on the wall of a young ARMY man standing next to Gen Douglas MacArthur who was handing the young man an award ! I ask who's that and she laugh that's Jack from WWII !! She proceeded to tell me the story of Jack and his exploits from WWII . Jack was an Army radio officer who was in charge of sitting up the coastal watch system through out the pacific theater during the war . He was sent into enemy territory by sub and would find local resentences fighters and teach them how to spot Japanese ships and then radio the Americans there location and speed and for this he was awarded numerous medals !! Jack was also among the FIRST AMERICANS to go back to the Philippines and help set up for the return of Gen MacArthur ! He set up freedom fighters and the radio system so the AMERICAN forces would know the location of all Japanese forces !!!! Where you to meet Jack you would never had knowing of his heroics during the war he never talked about it he never bragged or ask of anyone but always did for everyone ! Jack is but one of many GREAT people I have met since working for Roadway now YRC . I have had the pleasure of knowing some GREAT people over the years and from one former Marine WO1 to all of you have a Safe Memorial Day and REMEMBER those who gave the MOST !!!!

P.S Jack M is no longer with us as so many he passed along to the other side . We just lost another hero in Joe B the former TM of Kingman AZ terminal he was a young squad leader from Viet Nam who was also award the Silver Star for saving three Marines from a certain death !

This is the true meaning of Memorial Day. Thank you for every veteran who has left their family to ensure we have the right to speak our minds on this board.

We just lost another hero in Joe B the former TM of Kingman AZ terminal he was a young squad leader from Viet Nam who was also award the Silver Star for saving three Marines from a certain death
Semper Fi Joe B and a USMC Semper Fi to all vets and their families this Memorial Day.