Merchants Food service anything?

maverickbubba

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone know anything about Merchants. A shuttle driver that used to work with us starts there Sunday. They have a opening for a driver in my area just wondering if anyone knew anything about them.

Never heard of them Bubba, I think you should stay at PFS, thats my worthless 2 cents, I wish I was back in Arkansas with them. With Dianna of course :)

They only in the south east. just wanting to know what they had to offer.

Told ya my 2 cents was worthless, call em up, I'm sure they would be glad to give ya the run down Bubba. Thats what I have done in the past, no one has ever refused to give me info I asked for, especially if they need people.

They are a great company bubba...the headquarters is in hattiesburg ms..i have been with pfg 2.5 years and actually interview with merchants a month ago.
but the job was out of a shuttle yard in grenada ms which would be another 1hr away, job is still on the website now...jobs with merchants does not come open often,they have little to no turnover
just speaking of me and me only, i dont know your situation but me persnally i would try to get the job.There pay is better than pfg and u dont have drive a whole helleva lot of f*cking miles to make money like at pfg. Sysco and merchants share a yard in greenville ms,2 sysco and 5 merchant trucks and both companies are thinkng about added a route and i am talking to both, sysco my first choice,but merchants starts at 6 which i like more sleep and they schedule there routes 11hrs or less.

They are a great company bubba...the headquarters is in hattiesburg ms..i have been with pfg 2.5 years and actually interview with merchants a month ago.
but the job was out of a shuttle yard in grenada ms which would be another 1hr away, job is still on the website now...jobs with merchants does not come open often,they have little to no turnover
just speaking of me and me only, i dont know your situation but me persnally i would try to get the job.There pay is better than pfg and u dont have drive a whole helleva lot of f*cking miles to make money like at pfg. Sysco and merchants share a yard in greenville ms,2 sysco and 5 merchant trucks and both companies are thinkng about added a route and i am talking to both, sysco my first choice,but merchants starts at 6 which i like more sleep and they schedule there routes 11hrs or less.

Go with Merchants Ramp, unless sysco is union, I swear to you, don't go to a non-union sysco house, you will be in fear for your job every day, in AR they have a 95 case per man hour demand, with me its 55 cpmh, if you don't make the 95 they are on your ass...trust me on this one..please!

I would never and I mean never work for sysco in a non-union environment, PFG was non union and I would go back in a minute, they just treated me that well, sysco..thats another story, if you do go to a sysco non-union house, don't get hurt, I have seen alot of good men get tossed aside, I'm sure merchants isn't like this wierdo company.

:baby:You do have to put a lot of miles to make anything. Its seems to me they try to make everyone makes the same no matter how much you do. They have that sliding scale on miles and pieces. Like I know it like 3 different amouts on pieces. According how hard the stop is. Like Monday I had 900 and 10 stops and other Birmingham routes had about 400 - 500 a piece and I bet I didn't make $40 more than they did and I worked 14 hrs. I not crying or nothing LOL.