Yellow | Merger Article

I made a comment to the tm in charleston sc early in the month that there would be layoffs of about 15% in front of the men and he jumped my **** and said that will not happen and that i dont know what i am talking about....I said that happened at carolina-abf and he said we are totally different from them........now i can laugh at him cause he will have to eat his mr.-no-it-all words:hysterical:...:hysterical:

I made a comment to the tm in charleston sc early in the month that there would be layoffs of about 15% in front of the men and he jumped my **** and said that will not happen and that i dont know what i am talking about....I said that happened at carolina-abf and he said we are totally different from them........now i can laugh at him cause he will have to eat his mr.-no-it-all words:hysterical:...:hysterical:

Most of these layoffs would be temporary if we would get new top management. Hopefully Zollars will be forced to resign soon, maybe then someone who knows something about the freight business will be put in his place.

bubbadog121;440913 Zollars said the 15 percent reduction would come from a base of about 25 said:
. If we removed just 5% of that base, we’re talking about $150 million of annual savings."

I am having a hard time making these numbers jive.

If you use $60,000 as an average salary $60,000.00 x 3750= $225,000,000.00 It would seem the $200,000,000.00 in annual savings was coming just from the union side.

If you use the conference call numbers 5% of $3,000,000,000.00 that would equal $150,000,000.00 divide that by $60,000.00 and you come up with 2500 jobs?

Just trying to think this through.The 5% of 3 Billion represents all labor, but, the 15% represents a pool of 25,000 from labor.

I'm guessing another 1250 from the management ranks. The 5% of labor is just the union side, per Dollar Bill.

Bottom line is lots of good folks losing jobs.

during the abf / carolina merger only men with less than 3 yrs seniority got the ole pink slip and were on layoff for approx 2 yrs but then got called back ( in the ny nj area )
any harsh displacement that took place usually occurred where carolina was entrenched much longer than abf with the carolina guys having obviously more seniority
perfect example being florida
carolina was there forever and abf was the new kid on the block

there will be confusion in the beginning but will work itself out eventually
it seems yrc is going about it in what seems to be a progressive and orderly fashion ( piece meal ) which should enable yrc to not get hurt
abf / carolina was a slam bam thank you maam deal
post merger abf was losing 10 mil per month for several months until they eliminated duplicity

I heard today that the non union billing center in Valdosta Ga was closing and the billing would be done in India. Was told corporate OS&d had already moved to India. Any truth to this??

during the abf / carolina merger only men with less than 3 yrs seniority got the ole pink slip and were on layoff for approx 2 yrs but then got called back ( in the ny nj area )
any harsh displacement that took place usually occurred where carolina was entrenched much longer than abf with the carolina guys having obviously more seniority

it seems yrc is going about it in what seems to be a progressive and orderly fashion ( piece meal ) which should enable yrc to not get hurt
post merger abf was losing 10 mil per month for several months until they eliminated duplicity

At my age I won't be sticking around for a couple of years to be called back. I need to think about retiring someday and if I put a couple years in somewhere else I doubt I would come back to a job were I might be working but since its the holidays we will call you when we need you. Have any of you tried to get a job when your on layoff? people that are hiring do no want a teamster that might stick around for 3-4 months. A lot of hard workers will be laid of and the senior men will have to pick up the slack

Have any of you tried to get a job when your on layoff? people that are hiring do no want a teamster that might stick around for 3-4 months. A lot of hard workers will be laid of and the senior men will have to pick up the slack

Why would you tell a new company that you might get called back in 3-4 months? Of course no company would hire you knowing you may leave fairly soon, so don't tell them. Do what is in the best interest of you and yours not some other company.

It seems most of the big non union carriers automatically know what the deal is inregards to being recalled from layoff. When they ask you why you left it is better to be honest. Had an offer to work at Estes for $6.00 + less an hour and pay for part of my medical. Maybe I should have taken it. Keep hoping things will Straighten themselves out.

It seems most of the big non union carriers automatically know what the deal is inregards to being recalled from layoff. When they ask you why you left it is better to be honest. Had an offer to work at Estes for $6.00 + less an hour and pay for part of my medical. Maybe I should have taken it. Keep hoping things will Straighten themselves out.

I'm not saying to be dishonest. It's fine to tell someone you were laid off, but you don't have to tell them you could be called back soon. Some company's may know the deal, but I'm sure that there are plenty out there that don't.

I guarantee you that management is part of that 15%. Of course the bulk of that number will be drivers/dockworkers because that is far and away the bulk of the employees at yrc. As terminals consolidate, we sure wont need multiple managers and dispatchers, I just hope they keep the right ones (me). And yes that probably doesnt include the numbers from holiday layoffs, which if I recall, Mr Zollars said we are going to be very aggressive with.

At my age I won't be sticking around for a couple of years to be called back. I need to think about retiring someday and if I put a couple years in somewhere else I doubt I would come back to a job were I might be working but since its the holidays we will call you when we need you. Have any of you tried to get a job when your on layoff? people that are hiring do no want a teamster that might stick around for 3-4 months. A lot of hard workers will be laid of and the senior men will have to pick up the slack

it is what it is
seniority prevails

I heard today that the non union billing center in Valdosta Ga was closing and the billing would be done in India. Was told corporate OS&d had already moved to India. Any truth to this??

it seems people from india work for a lot less than mexico:biglaugh:
i heard those jobs were slated for china originally like everything else but dollar bill thought better of that plan as he figured YRC customers would have a hard time understanding the chinese:hysterical:
or better yet i guess the YRC operation in china is threatening to become teamsters and big bill doesn't want to take any chances :biglaugh:
all i can say good luck with india!!!
i wonder if YRC got the referral from microsoft in regards to india and from all the banks YRC owes money to :biglaugh:

maybe mc cain will put a stop to that practice.... yeah right
he probably has a major holding in those indian companies to boot

its a dam shame and i am sorry to hear about the people in valadosa though

FYI
i think Wilbur who was posting in the "why conway will never be union" forum is going to head up that division
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
i heard he was offered that to entice him to leave conway management
right up your alley wilbur ole boy!

Maybe......

But I think it has more to do with Dollar Bill's $$BONUS$$
We still have more than enough work on our dock.....But some how we just can't find enough trailers to put it on......Play the waiting game and then it builds up and you finally get a unit, and then cut it .But you still need another and the game starts over again.Maybe they have sold the trailers, or painting them non union colors...:shrug: