Yellow | MFN Partners trying to protect equity investment in Yellow

What is the ultimate goal by putting someone on the board? To get the maximum amount for the assets or maybe something else.

What is the ultimate goal by putting someone on the board? To get the maximum amount for the assets or maybe something else.
Shareholders elect board members whose job it is is to oversee management of the company and make sure they are acting in the best interests of the owners (shareholders). In this case it's to make sure management gets the best value for the sale of the companies assets.

Shareholders elect board members whose job it is is to oversee management of the company and make sure they are acting in the best interests of the owners (shareholders). In this case it's to make sure management gets the best value for the sale of the companies assets.
Yes, as I wrote above , but , I am still expecting a few surprises and adding new board members with an agenda could result in those surprises.

Too bad the YRC board members didn’t do that years ago, looking out for employees and shareholders.

I would guess they no longer need those "teamster" board members......................................time to restructure the board.