XPO | Midwest closings for Jan 6, 2014

SCM should be on the dock helping out the TEAM when the elements act up! CEO and Regional Managers as well. Crying shame!

He forgot to mention that con-way realized the dock was cold, and provided those gas fired heaters, and the FOS's were running coffee to the DSR's and ensuring that they were keeping warm. They were also allowed breaks to go the break room to get warmed up!

:6788::biglaugh:

Yeah my FOS brought me some hot chocolate, first coffee then told him I don't like coffee JACK and what ya know he brought me some hot chocolate out was below zero at 3 am this morning
:clapping: :grouphug: lol

Just got the call at 1515hrs. XFW not running road tonight. Told to be prepare to run on Saturday if needed. Temp. 1 degree,wind chill -14. Packed snow on roads now turning to sold ice. A high of 20 degrees Wednesday.

Well we have been running and picking up freight and some of it is sitting not moving cause of closed centers so yes I do Believe there will be overtime for the east and west cause while some of you are not working alot of us are and that Freight is backed up got to move it some how !!

Suck it up you guys... Our air temp alone is in the -30's, with windchill, -50's. Coveralls and warm boots! Time to dress like a Canadian for you southerners!

Someone # 1 must be held responsible for this failed service operation. Docks cannot operate safely in these elements. Spend some of the drivers money winterizing the patio, if you want to pick up and deliver freight everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, your guys bad weather is a normal day for most of us in Canuckistan. In all honesty though, I do feel for you guys, we live in it all winter, so we now how to deal with it, you guys rarely experience it so it comes as a major shock. Keep warm boys, it'll straighten out.

Ha, your guys bad weather is a normal day for most of us in Canuckistan. In all honesty though, I do feel for you guys, we live in it all winter, so we now how to deal with it, you guys rarely experience it so it comes as a major shock. Keep warm boys, it'll straighten out.

Come down here in the summer, when it's 100 degrees with 75% humidity and we'll talk about it.LOL