SAIA | Midwest Triples

Bastardly

TB Lurker
Credits
As far as I knew the only place you can pull triples in the midwest was along the Indiana toll road - did something change or are we just now looking to start pulling them there... where we not already

Sorry screwed that up, turnpike only up to Youngstown exit for sure eastward, maybe further into PA toll also, not 100. % sure on that though

Sorry screwed that up, turnpike only up to Youngstown exit for sure eastward, maybe further into PA toll also, not 100. % sure on that though
Must be dropped and hooked at designated entry/exit locations only with a special Permit from the turnpike I was told.

So I was asking because as rumor would have it there are a couple of West coast triples driver trainers on their way to train an unknown amount of drivers in the area to start pulling triples across Indiana/Ohio

Must be dropped and hooked at designated entry/exit locations only with a special Permit from the turnpike I was told.
Believe IN allows travel within reasonable distance of toll road. SBN would certainly qualify. I’ve seen ABF & XPO over twice as far away as Saia would be. Also see XPO & FXF on frontage roads near 80/69.

So I was asking because as rumor would have it there are a couple of West coast triples driver trainers on their way to train an unknown amount of drivers in the area to start pulling triples across Indiana/Ohio
Wouldn’t want it! Drove that stretch for a while in my life even further north on 90 and they will not hesitate to shut it down in the winter blizzard’s.

We get an extra 4cpm for pulling triples at YRC. Refuse to pull them for an extra penny per mile.

Believe IN allows travel within reasonable distance of toll road. SBN would certainly qualify. I’ve seen ABF & XPO over twice as far away as Saia would be. Also see XPO & FXF on frontage roads near 80/69.
Yes you are correct about IN. Ohio is a different story do not pull triples or long doubles into the Loves in Edon at IN/OH border big fine and tickets I still see guys pulling in there don't do it.

Triples are legal on the Ohio turnpike. However Youngstown is as far as you can take them. PA does not allow triples heck PA doesn’t even like standard doubles. No triples in New York State either, but they do allow turnpike doubles on the throughway. Pretty much no triples east of Youngstown.

With there only being two runs a day it's difficult to get any photos of the triples running on the turnpike with the schedule that I'm on.

Kansas City to Oklahoma City is legal via Kansas Turnpike. Oklahoma however has a maximum gross weight of 90,000. Kansas is 120,000 maximum gross weight for triples or double 48’s. Lots of carriers Kansas City to Wichita. Maximum length is 120ft bumper to bumper. Must maintain minimum 45 mph speed which can be tough going through the Flint Hills. I think I’ve seen Saia pulling triples there.

Kansas City to Oklahoma City is legal via Kansas Turnpike. Oklahoma however has a maximum gross weight of 90,000. Kansas is 120,000 maximum gross weight for triples or double 48’s. Lots of carriers Kansas City to Wichita. Maximum length is 120ft bumper to bumper. Must maintain minimum 45 mph speed which can be tough going through the Flint Hills. I think I’ve seen Saia pulling triples there.
Can also run triples from Goodland Ks to Denver and Denver to Grand Junction Co. Doubles only from KC to Goodland.